Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Gladys146: Celebrity - you're slipping

Celebrity - you're slipping

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

Just got back from two weeks in the Western Med on the Eclipse. This was our third cruise on Celebrity and sadly each time, it seems to slip yet again. Embarkation was fine at Southampton - much better than flying to Barcelona as we did on our last two Celebrity Cruises. Still a tedious wait for our stateroom to be ready, on Cunard last year, our Stateroom was ready almost immediately. Pity really. Stateroom fine, balcony had peeling paint on the ceiling but as its going into dry dock early next year, I guess that it will be spruced up. Didn't bother me but it would some folk I guess. Canapes were fine as my husband is allergic to fish we asked for cheese - this went down very well - so thank you Celebrity for that!

Food in the Moonlight Sonata was ok - we had a few issues at the beginning of the cruise with the temperature of the food ranging from lukewarm to stone cold! This was addressed though and it was fine from them on but it's something that really shouldn't have More happened in the first place. The ship was extremely busy - our first time in August and it will most definitely be the last (couldn't be helped this year due to time constraints). Lots of children on board, to be expected in the school holidays. Caused no problems at all until towards the end of the cruise when "packs" of young teenagers used the hot tubs in the Solarium (Adults Only) as a meeting place. We counted 15 in the tub and when a fellow guest remonstrated with them, he got a load of abuse for his trouble. Security were called and the lads did depart after much huffing and puffing! Perhaps they were getting bored by the end of 2 weeks! We didn't have a drinks package as we don't drink enough! I do find it a bit disconcerting to see people swigging from wine bottles at 8.30 in the morning which is, I believe, due to the drink packages. Still it takes all sorts! The gym however on Eclipse is great - we worked out every day. One of the best on any cruise line I feel. Entertainment was just ok - doesn't actually bother us. We saw a couple of shows which were fine. Tenors of Rock were great. The Spitfires House Band was absolutely dire - just awful, couldn't sing, couldn't play just dreadful. The jazz trio were superb though. Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Just Britain with heat! Loads of watch and booze shops. Once seen, no need to go again!