MSC Divina Cruise Review by whiskeycruisin57: Never Again, worst cruise experience ever!

whiskeycruisin57
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on MSC Divina Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Never Again, worst cruise experience ever!

Sail Date: August 2014

Every year my family of 7+ travels on 1-2 cruises, we have been on over 12 with my grandparents at over 30. In my cruising experience I have never experienced worse service than I did in the 7 days we were on this boat. I am never one to write a review but i figured I would save others from making a big mistake.

1. It all started when the embarkation process took an hr and a half, after finally getting on the boat and finding our cabins I began touring this ship, which i may add is poorly designed especially with placement of bathrooms in public areas and the fact that if you actually find one there is only one stall. There are 0 trash cans in public areas and you may find 1-2 hand sanitizer stations upon entering a dining area. The cleanliness of the ship was perfect on day 1 but lets just say that didn't hold up to long. Moving forward it was close to muster drill time and I decided I was going to get a drink before heading to the station, I waited 30 min for them just to More shut down bar service when they finally acknowledged my existence because the bartenders never left one side of the bar the entire time. As I finally make my way to my muster station I continually try and ask where I need to go for my set station, which was station F, and 9 out of the 10 employees had no idea, or didn't speak english, I finally make it to my station where I am told I need to return to my cabin to retrieve my life jacket, WHICH IN THE LAST 5 YEARS OF CRUISING I HAVE NEVER HAD TO DO. I was ready to get off the ship before we even left.

2. Finally making it to the dining room for dinner I continually ask the servers if I can order an alcoholic beverage they keep saying that the bartender will come around, after receiving our last appetizer still no bartender. I HAD TO LEAVE THE TABLE GO TO THE BAR WAIT 15 MIN TO BE SERVED AND WALK BACK TO THE DINING ROOM TABLE IN ORDER TO GET A DRINK WITH DINNER. Dinner was horrible the salad I ordered tasted like it was left over from the previous cruise. The quality of food was never better than mediocre and most of the time terrible especially the buffet up stairs. Food service has 6 sandwiches all of which you have to pay for even the pizza. I figured I would go to the sports bar, where you also have to pay for food, to try and possibly get better food because the pictures looked appetizing. So I go to order from the bartender and say I wanted to take the food to my room, HE DENIED THE ORDER, because I wasn't going to eat the food there. I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU COULD POSSIBLY DENY SOMEONE FOR SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR! I went to guest services and all they could say was thanks for the feedback and they will make a note for Food and Beverages. Just left me more pissed I go back to my cabin and the A/C is broken that was just the cherry on the cake, and this was only day 2.

3. The galaxy night club- I have never been on a cruise where there is no bar or lounge for adults 18+, the cruise was loaded with kids and they were out until everything closed. I also have never been on a cruise where the nightclub closed before 3, and the galaxy did that every night due to no bar sales because adults don't want to be surrounded by kids. The pool deck was packed and the pools looked like a can of sardines with the amount of people that were in them. Security was almost non-existant except when a group of older guys 50's-60's were arguing over towels on the pool deck and 20 of them showed up and took 30 min to sort it all out.

I can go on and on about how horrible the service and cruise was, and all I can say is thankfully there was perfect weather because we, the group of 7, probably would have gotten off the boat at the first port and flown home! and come to find out

On a positive note-

Entertainment staff (not the shows) was excellent and you can tell they either came from royal or carnival and had great interaction with the guests.

The casino staff also was excellent. Less

Read more MSC Divina cruise reviews >>