Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by waco42: Alaskan Vacation

Alaskan Vacation

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Vancouver

This was my 1st cruise on Norwegian. I have sailed with Carnival several times in the past and thought this would be a nice change. Embarkation was pretty easy and fast. We did get to the port early to avoid the lines. Disembarkation was smooth and fast as well.

The crew is very nice and friendly. Kelly, my steward, was great. He remembered each of our names after the 1st time we met. Anytime we needed something he seemed to appear.

I usually do not pay much attention to reviews about the food on a ship. I have never had an issue with any. It has always been good and a great variety. But that was on Carnival. The only time I saw lobster was in the Cagney steakhouse. That was in an alfredo and not a tail. They did have prime rib on the buffet that was good. The menu was the same everyday on the buffet for breakfast and lunch. They may change one item but seemed to be the same. The food was ok. The food in the main dining rooms were good. Nothing had that wow factor I More have come to expect on at least one meal while at sea. I did eat at the steakhouse, Cagney's, once. It was good but not sure it was worth 30.00 a person. The desserts were awful. The ones on the buffet were more like the no bake stuff you get the store. There were a few good ones in the dining room. They had a chocolate night in the dining room. I think only 2 items were actually chocolate.

The cabin was very small. Four of us were in a balcony cabin. We had the queen bed and the folded down to make another queen bed. Both beds were hard and uncomfortable. When the sofa was folded down you could barely move in the room. Thank god for the balcony! There was plenty of storage for our clothes.

They did seem to have a lot of things to keep you busy on sea days. Richard the cruise director was great.

This is a small ship. I have sailed on small ones before but the Sun seemed very crowded. Not real sure I will sail Norwegian again. Less

Read more Norwegian Sun cruise reviews >>