Viking Delling Cruise Review by arivers: Fantastic Vacation

Fantastic Vacation

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Other

Although my husband and I have traveled extensively in the USA, we have never taken a river cruise and my only cruise experience was a short ocean cruise some years ago. I had no desire after that to take another cruise until we were invited by our friends to go on a river cruise with Viking. From the time my husband and I boarded the Delling to leaving at the end of our trip, we couldn't have been more pleased with our overall experience. Everyone was very friendly and went above and beyond to make this a memorable experience. Our room was immaculate, and although a little small, we had more than enough room for both of us to store everything.

Marek was the absolute best Program Director. I don't believe I have laughed so hard and even woke laughing the next morning after he dressed as Mozart. Viking is very fortunate to have him on their staff. You could tell that he really enjoyed what he was doing and interacting with the guests. The entertainment was great and even the More staff took part in their costumes. Every afternoon before dinner we were briefed on the next day's activities and also had a copy in our room. There were more than enough activities to keep us busy and even additional entertainment like the wonderful concert in Vienna. The local tour guides were very knowledgeable and spoke English very well. We enjoyed our walking and bus tours and the free time to explore on our own.

I particularly enjoyed eating in the dining room. We were always greeted with a smile and the service was wonderful. The open seating was ideal and you never felt like you were "stuck" with someone the whole cruise. This allowed you to meet new people if you wanted to or sit with people you knew. The food was delicious and we were able to eat a leisurely meal without feeling rushed.

I really enjoyed traveling with Viking and look forward to going again. It was a great experience and we took home many good memories. Less

Read more Viking Delling cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Delling Review >>

Cabin review: Viking Delling 103

Although the room was a little small we didn't mind because we spent so much time in the loung, dining room, tours, etc. It was modern and was immaculate.