Silver Shadow Cruise Review by kevin91479: Silver Sea Rip Off

Silver Sea Rip Off

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seward

This cruise is NO WHERE near Crystal or Oceania, both of which I have been on. Here's why:

-Ship is small which can be a great thing, but not in this case. I would not classify this as a "luxury" ship. While it's not junk, it's easily a step or two down from "luxury".

-Not nearly enough to do. The daily activity lists need help, especially on cruising days.

-Food was very average. I had a couple good dinners in the dining room. Breakfast buffet: I found mold on some of the cheese. Some of the rolls had an interesting texture. A lot of the buffet tastes like things have been sitting in the freezer for a long while, then thawed out and popped in a microwave. Their Italian restaurant and poolside grill were fair at best. And believe it or not, the room service was actually some of the best food, yet much of it you could not find on any other menu on the ship.

-Service was good, but a bit over-bearing. At times I thought to myself, can't they just let More me breathe? BUT, better that than no service at all.

The gym of course is extremely small, but very poorly organized. For example, treadmills face blank walls with no TVs so bring your headphones.

-The head restaurant manager loves (using) his power, the way he orders servers around right in front of guests. This guy actually sent me away because I didn't have a jacket on (I forgot it was semi-formal night). Now, I had no problem going and grabbing it, but the way he looked at me and sent me away was rude. If I had forgotten to pack my jacket, he would not have sat me with my nice slacks and button down! They are unaccommodating towards guests in general when it comes to the restaurants. (This ship has no business having any semi-formal nights anyway).

DO NOT take this line. For just about the same money, you can take Crystal or Oceania which is SO MUCH better in every aspect possible. Less

Read more Silver Shadow cruise reviews >>