Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by MACHIN: Iceland & Fjord cruise
Overall Member Rating
Iceland & Fjord cruise
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
On the whole we didn't have a very good experience on this ship. My wife and I are both pensioners but we still like a bit of life. Most lounges were quite comfortable but the entertainment was quite boring. I suppose we are used to having karaoke nights and maybe singalongs with Thomsons or Princess. The shows we saw were poor compared to Thomson's. Also not a lot to do for us on the ship.
These are a few suggestions that would improve this ship:-
1. Improve quality of food in the MDR and state clearly what is added to the meal, i.e. vinegarette, mayonnaise, cheese etc. (A lot of people like myself don't like things like this added to a meal)
2. Make sure meals are served hot
3. Reduce waiting time for courses to be served in main restaurant
4. When people are sharing a table and have to wait for other people to join the table don't let us have to wait too long for them. (Sometimes 20 minutes or more)
5. Add more tables to the More ocean bar self service restaurant (Probably not possible)
6. Arrange food in a more orderly manner in the ocean bar without having to search for different foods
7. Keep coffee and tea hot
8. Ensure milk is constantly available
9. Reduce the price of drinks
10. Reduce the price of excursions
11. Improve the evening theatre entertainment
13. Have karaoke nights
14. Have midnight buffets
15. Have better entertainment in lounges
16. Make gratuities voluntary Less
Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>
Cabin review: 2125
The staterooms were very comfortable with plenty of room and were very clean.
Port and Shore Excursions
A very nice port. We had a pleasant walk-around. We would have liked to go up the mountain `Funicular train' but felt that we didn't have enough time.
A very superb port with fantastic waterfalls and beautiful scenery. The journey through the fjord was brilliant and well done to the Captain for doing a 360 degree turn at the seven sisters waterfall so we could all get some super snaps.
The blue lagoon was very good but wet and windy. The hot springs were interesting but not exceptional. The viking ship & museum was interesting but would have preferred a conducted tour.
Chaotic with poor service and ...
Southampton - Bruges - Southam...
So Disappointed in Oriana
The 12 night British Isles cru...
Alaska Family Cruise on Celebr...
Horror cruise with Celebrity I...