Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by SCARTER258: Quick Review

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Quick Review

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

I am interested in RCI because of the international destinations you offer however, I had several disappointments with my cruise. We tried RCI Splendor of the seas in October 2013 visiting Greece and guest services on board told us that a cruise with RCI in the caribbean would be better suited for our age range and my expectations. We find that the activities on board as well as the shore excursions offered are fewer and more expensive than on other cruise lines. I didn't get to try the trampolines due to weather closer or being on shore during open times.

Most of the shows are performed well but need to be re-worked. The pools were packed (standing room only) but I do like that RCI has an adult only pool. We stayed on the ship most of the freeport day and still couldn't get into the pools. No excursions were really offered in freeport and it was added at the last minute so we just got off to shop. There wasn't very many options for nassau either, but we did end up going to More beach day at Atlantis. We purchased through the cruise because I had called the hotel before we sailed and the pass through the hotel is first come first serve and the hotel was at 94% booked.

Cococay was nice but after 2pm we couldn't find a drink station except for alcoholic beverages. We took our own snorkles and rented the life vest for $6. The beach and the water was very busy with 2 ships on the same day. The food isn't as good in the main dining room and not as much variety as carnival but the service is better. The shower in the staterooms are smaller and the curtain needed to be changed on both cruises. I do like the storage and closet space. We cruise once a year and may try either the oasis or the allure in the future perhaps I'm just choosing the wrong class of ships, but we prefer a smaller crowd and a smaller ship Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>