Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by cpegaso942740: Too rich

Too rich

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Ketchikan

I have to agree expensive paintings and jewelery auctions were a bit too much. The casino was a wasted space as far as we were concerned, and did not seem to be populated most of the time. We went to have a good time not rub elbows with the rich and famous.

Service was great, the crew were helpful and friendly. Dinner menu's were elegant and deserts divine. Even though lobster was offered one night, I expected on an Alaskan cruise, Alaskan King Crab would also be a selected choice. It was not. The Oceanview Cafe, floor 14, was always busy. There was a huge selection of foods, however, finding a table and having your food still warm proved to be doubtful. Service at the tables for a beverage other than what was available on the floor was slow at first, but picked up as the days went on. The Mast Grill had great burgers and dogs. Seating was limited. People seemed to enjoy the pools and sauna's. The exercise room looked well equipped though I never saw many people there when I More passed by.

Our stateroom was roomy and comfortable with our balcony a pleasure. The steward and his assistant were the best. Having our beds turned down and finding towel crafted critters and chocolates on our pillows was a pleasant surprise. The hallways seemed to lengthen every time we went back to our stateroom.

Most of the big stage entertainment was OK. I expected more on a ship of this magnitude. Lounge entertainment was pretty good while enjoying a drink in the evening before retiring. The educational shows were informative and interesting. The glass blowing exhibits were a nice addition and attendance was usually packed.

Even though this ship exhibited favor to the wealthy, we were never treated by passengers or crew any differently than anyone else. The watch sale on 8-6 for an hour was a nice touch. I think I got a great buy at about 80% off retail.

Over all, since this was our first cruise in 16 years and have nothing recent to compare to, we had a great time and were catered to beyond our dreams. Less

Published 08/17/14

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Alaska Cruises

Cabin review: 7142

Great cabin, great Stewart and assistant, very comfortable and roomy.

Skip X