Norwegian Gem 5

Cruisingadvice101
Member Since 2014
17 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Well, this past march, I looked into the Norwegian Cruise Line for not the first time. Then, I thought, why not try out a garden villa? Then, I booked. And it was a decision I will never regret.

hotel: N/A

Ship: nice, lots of stuff to do, no complaints there.

Activities: too many to even comprehend. I watched two very nice productions, and Second City, Bowled, Sung at Karaoke, and about 20 other things I could go rambling on about, but in the end, I still got plenty of time to enjoy the suite i payed so much money for.

service: great- no hassles anywhere, limo service got me back to airport on time, butler was nice and fast. no other comment.

shore excursions- Loved the ports of call, even though i only went on 2/4 of them, I took an island tour of St.Maarten/St.Martin (depending on which side we were on), and explored San Juan on our own. I am reluctant to use ship services in port, cant give rating for that reason.

Travel to More Port- Got own air tickets, limo service was quick and got me everywhere on time.

cabin- 5 stars for sure. roomy, quiet, nice balcony, could peoplewatch the swimmers down on deck 12 easily. Anyone who has booked on The Haven probably knows how I feel otherwise- if not, a sense of happiness about my decision to book, and feeling like I can't wait to cruise again. (I did, but it was pretty bad carny balcony)

Dining- Here, is where it gets good. Choose where and when to dine nightly, no assignments, many free restaurants, a buffet if you want to grab a quick pizza or burger, and many other options I could go rambling on about.

Kids Clubs- N/A

Entertainment- great shows, Bingo, Sports if you are the active type, reading, internet, wii, two lounges, and pools to keep any cruiser, 1 through 101, occupied.

disembarkation- quick run thru customs, into a limo, to the airport. 1 hour total. Less

Norwegian Gem Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: April 2014
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

14,000
very spacious, and did i mention space? for a couple cruising without kids, even too much space. But as I have known before, The Haven always gave good reviews from me. probably on my top 5 cruises ever. includes all the amenities of the haven as well. search up on www.ncl.com or www.thehaven.ncl.com.

Published 08/17/14

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Gem Review

Norwegian Gem Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?