Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by tipdawg20: Disappointed in Staff
Overall Member Rating
Disappointed in Staff
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
I would have to say I was very pleased with the cruise itself as it was clean and well organized. The activities director was very funny and all the shows were great as well as the activities. Unfortunately a few negative experiences with the staff really overshadowed the better qualities of the ship.
1. Staff in the Windjammer were just plain rude at times. Granted there were some great staff there but the few who were inconsiderate really made it a place we did not want to eat at. We were actually told to "get out of the way" when a guy was carrying some food to the buffet. Frequently the staff would actually push you out of the way to get past you rather than letting you by first.
2. Fortunately we had a great head server and asst. server for dinner in the main dining room but unfortunately they were not our servers when we ate there for breakfast and lunch. About half of the service we received was poor. Drink refills took forever. The servers were rarely More available.
3. The bartenders were not very friendly or helpful. If you asked for their recommendation or if they knew how to make a particular drink they would point at the "drink of the day" sign or just hand you a menu. This could be because all drink orders are automatically assesed an 18% tip so they had no incentive to be helpful.
4. We had a horrible experience with an attendant at the rock climbing wall. He was very aggressive and demanding. So much so they we decided we were not comfortable with this man holding our rope as we climbed the wall. We reported the incident to guest services but they did nothing unfortunately other than apologize.
5. Nassau is a very nasty city. Not worth visiting again. CocoCay was actually pretty awesome. Great beach and activities although a little crowded. They served picnic food such as BBQ, hot dogs, and burgers right there on the beach for lunch. It was a great experience. Our third day was spent in Freeport. To actually get to the city you had to pay $20 for a cab ride there and back so we opted just to stay on the boat this day and hang out at the Solarium which is very pleasant and more importantly KID FREE!!!!
6. Overall if the staff had been more pleasant then we would have really enjoyed this cruise. Unfortunately the unpleasant interactions overshadowed any good experiences we had and we will not be sailing with Royal Caribbean again. We are going to try Carnival next and ultimately will most likely just pay a little more for nicer cruise lines such as X, Princess, or Holland America. Less
Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: Deck 2
Cabin was very nice although small. Being on the interior was best since we could barely feel any rocking. Also make sure you don't get a suite in the very back of the ship as the engine can be quite noisy in the mornings pulling into ports.
Port and Shore Excursions
Awesome private beach with great excursion activities. Best experience of the trip!
We visited a few small shops located right beside the docked ship but the main city was a 20 minute cab drive away and would have cost us an additional $20. Vendors were MUCH less pushy and we actually purchased several trinkets to take back with us. Most of this day was spent on ship. I only gave it three stars though because not much else was offered.
Some tips and hidden gems on t...
Worst carnival cruise - Golden...
Rip off cruise line Grand Cele...
Group of 25 was pleased - Food...
Group of 25 was pleased - Food...
A Once Great Ship; Very Sad
1st Cruise: Relaxing and Enjoy...
Read before booking Enchantmen...