“Cruising the St. Lawrence Seaway and Great Lakes”
Cruise review of Pearl Mist

Charleen Hungerford Pearl Mist 5 Cruising the St. Lawrence Seaway and Great Lakes
Charleen Hungerford
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This cruise was a dream come true, a cruise that combined both the St. Lawrence Seaway and the Great Lakes, in a brand new, state-of-the-art ship, a beautiful ship, the Pearl Mist, which holds a capacity of 200 passengers. We had great stops in Canada, beginning with Quebec City and then down to Montreal, Toronto, the Canadian side of Niagara Falls and then crossing into the Great Lakes, continuing with the beautiful port of Windsor, Little Current, Sault Ste Marie, then the American Mackinac Island, Holland Michigan and the finale, Chicago! We couldn't have asked for a better itinerary. Onboard, the staff was excellent, very attentive and friendly; the tour director, always available and "everyone's friend." We had an especially knowledgeable and likeable educator who lectured with wit and humor and yet so knowledgeable. She was a real joy and a highlight of the trip.

Of course, food was plentiful and well prepared, with plenty to drink as well. Our staterooms were immense; didn't even seem like we were on a ship. Stateroom service was prompt and attentive. The ship was gorgeous and stood out in all the ports we stopped at. Shore excursions were available at all ports and we had excellent, new buses (generally two so that no one was crowded). We were never rushed and had knowledgeable local guides at all stops, prompt and friendly. And I was pleasantly surprised, upon disembarkation, the ship provided free transportation to the various Chicago airports and to our individual terminals.

In summary, this was my fourth cruise on small-ship river/lake cruises and it was the most memorable, due to the beautiful ship, the friendly staff and the excellent itinerary.

• Sail Date: July 2014
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

K - fourth deck407
I was on the fourth deck, with only one deck above me. The stateroom was huge, the bath clean and large, with a great shower, with lots of hot water. I had my own balcony off my stateroom. Lighting was good. It had a TV as well as a room-to-room phone. Room service was excellent.
Published 08/16/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Pearl Mist Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?