Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Jamesfire16: NCL Dawn Boston/Bermuda

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Boston

Hi,

To all those wishing to book a cruise I highly recommend NCL Boston/Bermuda voyage.

This was our third trip in four years to Bermuda from Boston. The weather was great and the Captain got us to Bermuda early Due to a Hurricane Bertha coming.

So arriving early in Bermuda was a plus, and leaving Bermuda later (17:30hrs) gave us a fully three days to enjoy the beautiful sites and beaches of Bermuda.

Only on the return to Boston that one day, Wednesday did we experience rough sea's, and yes they placed motion sickness bags at all the elevators. As for stabilizing the ship, the captain and crew did a wonderful job, I do not believe that they would try to save fuel (as stated by other reviews) at the expense of everyone getting sick, what good would that do for the NCL, no one would recommend NCL after everyone being sick. For those who feel and get motion sickness room #5530 great room to be.

I have traveled twice on Royal Caribbean, and More they to, with all their advance stabilizing systems, when the sea was rough you felt it !

Now on to the cruise itself. From the moment you arrive at the NCL counter in Boston to check in and make your way on to the NCL Dawn, everyone I encountered was pleasant, helpful and willing to assist you in anyway. (and yes the parking across the port in the five level parking is the best way to go. $16.00 per day).

When we finally left port and all the way to Bermuda, again everyone one we met was smiling and pleasant and tried to make sure you had a great time.

As stated before by others writing in reviews, Cagney's is one of the best meals on the ship. And yes if you can pre book/reserve the restaurants, do so. But all the restaurants and buffets are great. Great food you will not starve!

I would like at this time to thank Emil, one of the restaurant directors in the Aqua restaurant for making our dining experience GREAT, Thank you Emil.

As for entertainment on the ship, the Director of Entertainment and his staff do their best to keep you entertained, The show's are great ! And the music, bands, singers, pianists at each area on the ship are really good.

Once in Bermuda, well what can I say, WOW everytime we arrive in King's wharf its so beautiful.

Upon getting off the ship, it's up to you and your imagination of what you wish to do for the three day's. I rent a deluxe scooter, pack a cooler with drinks and off we go.

We try to go to all the non tourist beach's. Places like Horseshoe etc...to many people, they ship everyone there. We even take the scooter on the ferry to Hamilton and drive back, great way to see all of Bermuda

And of course we eat at least once at Swizzle Inn on South road, great place. This time we also tried King Henry VIII, great view fantastic food and service. No lack of great places to eat.

That's the advantage of renting a scooter FREEDOM.

Now that we finished and returned to the ship for the voyage back to Boston. I will not get all into it again, But all I will say about our return is, wow great service, great people from those who work onboard and even the fellow voyagers, all was good. Of course you meet very special people out of approx 2500 onboard LOL LOL and of course you will always have somes situations REMEMBER YOU ARE ON VACATION SO ENJOY!

THANK YOU TO NCL Dawn AND ALL IT'S CREW.

Now once arriving in Boston getting off the ship is long, remember when you checked in and arrived on the NCL Dawn, everyone arrived a different times, but when you are getting off the Dawn everyone what's off NOW. So patience is a must.

NCL crew does their best to keep everyone moving in a orderly fashion., but there's alway those who can not wait and cause problems when getting off.

I will not bore you with my visit to Boston (my third time in Boston), except to say, YOU HAVE to at least spend two days visiting this Beautiful city. Freedom trail, and a trolley ride is a must to learn everything about Boston and it's history. And if you really wish to eat great Italian Food you have to try Rino's in east Boston.

So enclosing, we had a great time on NCL Dawn, in Bermuda and finishing off with Boston.

Can not wait to do it again!

Have a great Cruise ! Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 5530

Great Stateroom #5530 if you get motion sickness.