“Alaska was wonderful, the cruise was meh.”
Cruise review of Carnival Miracle

Rosiemom Carnival Miracle 3 Alaska was wonderful, the cruise was meh.
Rosiemom
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Alaska was beautiful. We were blessed with great weather and plenty of wildlife. The ship was kept very clean and the crew was great. The room was comfortable.

The food, especially in the main diniing room was sub-par. I would have been better to stick with the deli at the lido deck. I don't expect that much from a tuna sandwhich. Order 2 starters , 2 main entree's etc at dinner as probably only one will be worth eating. Even my 14 year old boy, who is a bottomless pit was less than happy with the dining room food. He approved of the 24 hour soft serve and pizza though.

The comedy show was not funny. The singers in the public areas (with the notable exception of Frankie and Johnny's lounge) were bad. I heard, and this is no exaggeration, much better singing at the Karoke sessions.

Carnival Miracle Cruises to Alaska
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

8265
Under the serenity deck whirlpool? Only noisey for a while one night. Maybe because it was Alaska and it did not get used much.

Mendenhall Glacier Rafting

Just took white bus to Glacier and back. Saw bears, salmon, waterfall. We only had about an hour there. I could of used a littele more time.

Port
Still has nice old buildings but pretty much has become a cruise line's company town. Filled with taniznite and diamond jewelry stores. Don't plan on spending the day walking around town. I booked a fishing trip with a local fisherman. It was great.
Read 836 Skagway Reviews
Port

Not sure why anyone would want to spend a bunch of time here. Waterfront was nice enough. You arrive there so late in the day that there isnm't much time to do anything.
We found the IMAX at the museum

Its not a bad place. Its just not a place that I would choose to spend a vacation day.

Read 775 Victoria Reviews
Published 08/16/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Miracle Review
Carnival Miracle Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?