Carnival Glory Cruise Review by kimmer1: Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: January 2004
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

It all started January 24th at 02:00 AM Leaving our home town of Delphos, Ohio by bus to the Dayton International Airport with snow coming down. I had a group of 113 that joined me. We arrived in Dayton at 03:45 AM with the ticket counters of Delta not opening until 04:00 AM. All of our flights were on schedule and we boarded on time.

We left Dayton International and flew to Atlanta taking another flight from Atlanta to Orlando. We arrived in Orlando to find experienced Carnival help ready to get us from the airport to Port Canaveral using Carnival's shuttle service.(cost $38.00) The shuttle leaving when the bus was filled. Since I had two other people meeting us in Orlando we took two different shuttles. But since we were a group it was my choice as a group leader to split them up. We then had a 45-60 minute bus ride to Port Canaveral. Depending on the traffic.

The porters were waiting for the bus, you clamined your bag and by my choice gave them a tip. Our last More cruise the porters demanded a tip (needless to say they did not get the max)

At the port it was very hard to keep the group together. I explained to them that there were four (4) lines through security then to a line where you waited in until you met at the ticket counter where they collected your boarding pass and accepted your credit card or cash at this time. Then to stand in another line to get your Sail & Sign and you proceeded to a hallway where they took your picture for security then a picture as you boarded. Total time from start to finish one hour. But I had two in wheelchairs to get on and Carnival Staff accomadated us very well by putting us in a no line at all and stopping the line for all security checkpoints a Carnival employee was with you from the ticket counter until you entered your room. (Very nice of Carnival to do this procedure)

Getting on the vessel there were Carnival employees greeting you and giving you a map of the vessel, in which you might need as I got lost a couple of different times. There are a total of ten (10) elevators that you can use, but from prior experiences I just used the steps, as was only going down two floors. You can imagine the confusion with all the passengers getting on at the same time. (Good Job Carnival!)

Found my room and was greeted by the cabin steward right away. The room was very spacious I had a window (6A) so that helped too. I had two other roomates and with three (3) of us girls we never had a probelm. After we got most of our stuff settled we then headed for the Lido where they were serving lunch, as all three (3) of us were starved.

After lunch we headed up to the Verandah deck or Deck 10 to take some pictures of the Port. Had my picture taken with Funship Freddy. Got the drink of the day, which was very good. After going around on deck for awhile it was time for the muster drill 3:30 PM so headed back to the room for the life jacket. by this time I was hot, sweating as you put extra clothing on then put all this people side by side with no air moving was not good, but something that had to be done.

After the drill went back to the room to catch a quick shower and get ready to experience our first night of dining. I was also explaining some things to my two roomates as it was their very first cruise. We had the early dining, in the Platnium dining room 5:45 PM. We met our dining room staff and had a delightful dinner. Some people did not get their luggage right away so the first night was very casual. After dinner it was time to explore the vessel, then meet up with the group. Our group meets every night on the Lido until the show. At night there is hardley no one on the Lido so it was a perfect choice to pick for the group. Our group had the option of doing things on their own or joining everyone on the Lido.

I enjoyed all of the entertainemnt provided on the Glory including the late night comedy shows. I really enjoyed myself. Camp Carnival was also wonderful for my nephew (age 8) as he did not want to go to the show every night so my sister had allowed him to go to Camp Carnival while they enjoyed the show. I would reccomend Camp Carnival to anyone, as the kids enjoy it just as much as the parents enjoy so time to them selves.

I enjoyed all of my Ports of Call:

NASSAU- We took a water taxi over to Paradise Island to the Atlantic Casino, then came back to town to shop. I would reccomend to peopl to take a regular taxi as the water taxi waits until full we waited one hour! until full needless to say I swallowed the $3.00 coming back and took a regular taxi which was only $5.00. the catch is you have to buy both tickets to the water taxi at the time going over. I know some peopl in the group had bought tickets off the boat but I just did on my own. Cheaper that way.

ST. THOMAS- We went to Sapphire beach reccommended by Chris off of Cruise Critic. Was a fabulous place to snorkel!! Stayed there 1 1/2 hours then brought a taxi back to town to shop. I managed to do all thing s I wanted to do. I just took a taxi by myself nothing from the boat. If this is your first time I would reccomend seeing Paradise Point but I had did that the last time was there wanted to do something different. i have also been to Coki beach if you have kids good choice.

ST. MARTIN just took and island tour from ship (cost $38.00) then went shopping. This was a great tour and would reccomend it but also by aunt & uncle took a pricate taxi tour and he only charged them $19.00 so you just have to decide what you want to do.

GLORY SHIP: places to eat the deli has Rueben sandwiches and great tuna fish, loved the fish and chips. The late night buffets were okay but if you're like me you do not like to eat much before bedtime. But I did eat on the Mexican buffet. Something to plan on atteneding it was Wed night for us. Lastly if you are planning for a big group, plan on getting a group photo and plan a separate party. I did this for both of my groups I put together and DID NOT regret it at all.

I think I have covered everything. I hope this review helps someone out as I have read alot of reviews before planning this Cruise. And have taken alot of past Cruise Critic advice. I have had nothing against Carnival everything went super. But my travel agency on the other hand was a bad experience. I plan on taking some of the other cruise critic's advice by booking direct through Carnival on my next Cruise.

MOTTO: the more the merrier

Last Cruise: Total 40 people This Cruise: Total 113 people Next Cruise: unknown but hope to get more

Thansk for taking the time to read my review Kim (kimmer1) Less