Viking Atla Cruise Review by pamraque12@gmail.com: The Amazing Viking European River Cruise

pamraque12@gmail.com
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Viking Atla Europe - River Cruise Cruises

The Amazing Viking European River Cruise

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Amsterdam

While it took me 47 years to get my husband to go on a cruise,we have taken 3 in the last 2 years--the first to Alaska for 7 days, this past spring break on a Disney Cruise for 4 days with our children and grandchildren, and then the 15 day European River cruise. All 3 of the cruises were totally different, but the River Cruise was quite spectacular.

We traveled with my husband's 2 sisters and one of his brothers and their spouses. While we weren't together all of the time, we had enough quality time with each couple to classify it as a family reunion. Since the size of the boat was much smaller than your typical cruise ship, we were able to meet some wonderful people on the cruise as well.

I can't say enough about the staff. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. Nothing we asked for was denied. When I couldn't get the available laptops to work for me, they gave me a laptop to keep in my room.

This made me feel so much more in touch with my family and More friends at home. The waiters were wonderful--Milo made sure that my wine glass was never empty. The housekeeping staff was thorough and quick. They got in and got out before you knew it.

Since we had never been to Europe, this was a fantastic way to see lots of countries and never have to repack and unpack until the cruise was completed. The guides were all knowledgeable and friendly, and most spoke very good English. They enabled us to learn while having a grand time.

All in all, the trip was wonderful, and I would highly recommend it to anyone. In fact, we hope to take a Viking river cruise to France in 2 years for my 70th birthday. Less

Read more Viking Atla cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Atla Review >>

Cabin review: Viking Atla 209

Good location. The veranda was nice except when going through all the locks. Plenty of room in the cabin.