Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by tjmayer: A Miracle

A Miracle

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Lets start off by saying this was our first cruise, and there will be more in our future. You see I'm a 5x Cancer survivor and currently in the fight for my life again. To say I had an awesome time would be an understatement.

Not only did we enjoy the food, the shows, particularly The Marriage Show and Johns morning show, we enjoyed just kicking back on the balcony watching the wildlife and the scenery Alaska has an abundance of!!

When we first looked at cruises and cruise lines doing Alaska, Carnival fit the bill and after all doesn't the Miracle sound like just the ship for someone like me! After all I need a Miracle.

The shore excursion we took to the Mendenhall Glacier and the Juneau City tour was very informative although we were warned about the time to get to the falls by the glacier we decided to go for it, and although very tiring on me, I made it there and back although we only spent 5-10 min at the falls, we got many good photos, and I got to More stick my hand in a lake of glacial waters!! Who's done that!

Our cabin was more than adequate after all your on a cruise and not there to spend all your time in the cabin. Our room attendant "Barwanto" was very helpful and took care of our every need.

The Disembarkation went rather quickly as we took the self assist option and I requested a wheel chair for the ramp as it was a little steep, I'm certain this is what got us through quicker as well.

There were a couple of glitches one was all of our luggage did not make it to our cabin together we had all our bags within an hour or so on the ship except for the most important piece which contained my wife's CPAP machine and all of my medications which I would not be able to go with out.

Also one of the ports on this cruise was cancelled and right up until we were on the ship were we aware of this. This was the big glitch we were not happy about but made the best of it with the extra time in the other ports.

Over all we had an awesome cruise and will definitely cruise again and I will be looking into who dropped the ball on the itinerary change by not informing us, was it Carnival or our travel agent who dropped the ball. I'll keep ya posted. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Balcony Verandah 7210

Cabin was more than roomy, we had the king bed setup, cabin had 3 closets as well as 3 drawers and two other small cabinets for storage. Balcony was large as well with two deck chairs and a table. 5