Viking Fontane Cruise Review by Callie Dean: Elegant Elbe

Elegant Elbe

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Berlin

I give the overall cruise an excellent rating. The river cruise ship was spotless and roomy. The food was above average and the staff was exceptional. The daily excursions were wonderful and the on board cultural enrichment programs were a lot of fun, educational, and well received. I especially liked the fact that the price I paid covered just about everything. I went on a land cruise last year with another company and it seemed as though every excursion, etc. was extra.

My companion and I purchased the pre-package and had two additional nights in Berlin and it was well worth the added fee. All of the sites and cities that we visited were great but Berlin, Dresden, and Prague were outstanding.

We had such a wonderful experience that within days of arriving home we booked our Viking River Cruise for 2015 Paris to Normandy. We're eagerly awaiting next May. I have raved about our river cruise to all of my family and friends. I truly believe that it is a great value. Less

Read more Viking Fontane cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Fontane Review >>

Cabin review: Viking Fontane 124

The room was just a bit too small.

City Tour

Very informative and covered all of the city highlights.

Dresden Royal Palace (Residenzschloss)

The Green Vault was amazing.

Zwinger Palace

Outstanding.

In retrospect, I wish we had added a post package in Prague also. There was so much to see and do. The city is beautiful, crowded, noisy, historical, and charming all at the same time. I hope that I have an opportunity in the future for a return visit.

Read 18 Prague Reviews