Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by lulu99: SUMMIT REVIEW AUG. 3

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Bermuda Cruises

SUMMIT REVIEW AUG. 3

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

this was our 3rd cruise. The first 2 with Royal C. My husband and I had a balcony room and our 3 teens had an inside across the hall.

Embarkation/Disembarkation: Very simple and quick. No complaints there.

Ship/Cabins: Overall the Summit was very nice and in decent shape. There was some wear and tear in places. Our cabin had some stains on the bed skirts and some rust in bathrooms, but overall not bad. (I am very picky when it comes to cleanliness!!) Our cabin attendants (Jose and Neil) were wonderful, pleasant and always available when needed. the ship had a strange odor in certain places. Mainly by dining area hallways, couldn't really put my finger on it. Others complained of this also.

Dining: We had the drink promo(classic pkg i think?) and were very happy with the selection of drinks. The wait at the bars was another story,( but I'll get to that later) Cosmopolitan was ok most of the time. pretty good selection of food. Liked the baskets. As others More have said pizza, pasta and stir-fry station were very slow and constantly had a line. The chairs/tables could have been cleaner , but the were very good at removing plates right away. The omelette grill by the pool was excellent. The cook was very sweet and funny and always had a smile on his face. The MDR was also good but not great. The breakfast was so-so.(runny eggs) Dinner was mostly fine, but some meals way too salty for me. I didn't order it, but heard the lobster was wonderful Our waiters were fantastic. (Peggy and Vanja) The gentleman who poured wine was very stuffy and arrogant. I ordered wine the first night. Politely declined the second night and he did not offer the rest of the week. He asked every table around ours, but avoided ours! didn't really get that. Our teens ordered room service every day for breakfast and although very prompt, every single day they forgot to bring cream cheese, yet they would always call and ask how service was, bring the cream cheese right up and apologize, then forget again the very next day.

Entertainment: Overall, pretty good. We saw The Tenors of Rock, the comedian, a few other shows and all were good. The not so newlywed game and the new one they have (something about a living room?) were also pretty good. A lot of that depends on the people chosen from the audience and some just weren't very lively which took away from the show. Heard their dancing with stars contest (crew members matched up with guests) was very good but we missed it. Piano guy in lounge (Jordan I think ) was very good as well.

Service: Overall the staff was very good. When passing in halls all cabin attendants greeted us and were very kind. Like i said waiters were great also. The not so great part were the bar areas around the pool. The were at most 2/3 bartenders at a time and although they were working very hard they could have used more help. The wait at certain times was terrible. Some of the waiters were visibly annoyed and took it out on some of the customers. Celebrity needs to have more help here.

Service in medical facility was very good.My daughter developed bad sun poisoning and had to see the doctor. Nurses and doctor were very nice and thorough.

.....This brings me to the famous CHAIR HOGS!!! I am an early riser and out by the pool by 8:00 most days. I witnessed people saving up to 10 chairs and coming back 3 hours later. This caused a few fights. They have these "pool butlers" walking around who did nothing about it. This is a common complaint I don't know why they don't enforce the rules. People were very tacky and rude when it came to chairs!!

My daughter and husband used the fitness center every day and said it was very clean.

Bermuda: Beautiful!! First day we went to coco reef resort and did the day pass package.beautiful pool/beach and good lunch. We loved it there and highly recommend it EXCEPT.... We were under the impression the pkg included chairs and umbrellas. We arrived there by 11:00. No chairs or umbrellas on beach area available.I was very surprised because i never heard any complaint of this. When I approached the girl at the desk she informed me that " ALL the day pass includes is the pool and lunch, chairs are first come first serve" Wasn't that the whole idea of a reservation?? After waiting about 30 minutes they found chairs for the beach, but no umbrellas, which would have been fine except my daughter had to stay out of direct sun and needed an umbrella. 30 min later we had one, but didn't think we should have had to wait an hour when we had reservations.

Thursday it rained so we took a taxi tour with Eugene, He was great!! funny and informative!! friday went to horseshoe bay. Very nice, but a little crowded for me. Bathrooms were gross and chairs needed a good cleaning!!

Overall a very good cruise and would probably sail Celebrity again . Less