Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by jw_22192: Grand!

jw_22192
Member Since 2014

Family & Children 3.0

Compare Prices on Grandeur of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

Grand!

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Baltimore

This was my first cruise with Royal Caribbean, and out of Baltimore. Embarkation and debarkation was super simple- Baltimore has their act together!

I cannot say enough about the cruise director Ricky, the cruise activities director Andre, and all of the staff. Des and Katie were awesome as well. The shows they put on, the activities they had available were fun and exciting. The aerial show was breathtaking. My husband and I enjoyed the bingo and the trivia, and took part in a game called The Quest. Lots of fun, but very adult themed. Don't play it or watch it if you are easily offended or embarrassed. We enjoyed seeing Chuck Gunter, the comedic juggler- my kids really loved that show! LOVED Beatlemania Live! And Kivi Rogers had us in stitches.

The dining was okay. Loved the Windjammer. I am a vegetarian and rarely had problems finding something to eat there. The main dining room- they tried, they were very kind, but there weren't a lot of options for me to eat. We More ate a couple of nights in the Windjammer and when we went back to the main dining room they were more attentive to what I was looking for to eat.

My only real complaint comes from Adventure Ocean. My oldest, 9, loved it. Loved the activities and the people he met there. One day he ditched us for 10 hours. We went to get him to eat dinner with us but he chose to eat dinner there and stayed there half the night. My 3 year old however... we picked him up one night and the staff said he had bumped his nose on the slide. No other information. We found out from the older son that his nose had bled. The next day he started getting a black eye. Two days later, he had two black eyes, and we took him to the doctor onboard. He must have bumped it really hard for his eyes to blacken up like that, and the staff didn't really know how it had happened and weren't concerned. That said, I know it's hard to watch every kid, all of the time. The lack of concern is what irritated me.

Other that, the cruise was wonderful. Bermuda was amazing. We walked a lot, took a taxi tour, and enjoyed shopping and sightseeing. It's a beautiful country. I have noticed in some other reviews that people have said Bermuda folks aren't friendly. They were very friendly to us. A tip I got from Fodor's Bermuda Travel Guide- say "Good morning, how are you today?" I tried it both ways- just a "Hello" and a "Good morning, how are you today?" and trust, the hello is going to bring you service, but not a lot of friendliness. They are very big on manners there! I didn't believe it until I tested it myself.

I will definitely sail with Royal again, and I wish every port had their act together like Baltimore. Great cruise, good bang for your buck. Less

Read more Grandeur of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Grandeur of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Grandeur of the Seas 7656

This was the first time we've booked a junior suite- traveling with two kids we had to make the decision whether to get two rooms or one bigger room. We loved our room. Our attendant Jorge, was phenomenal. I actually asked for his supervisor's card so that I could email her and let her know how wonderful he was. He was good to all of us and my kids loved him. My youngest, who is three, fist bumped with Jorge every time we left or entered the room if Jorge was around. He would also fist bump the other attendants down the hall and everybody would take a few seconds to say hi and pay some attention to him. Best attendants we have ever seen, in 5 cruises. And I did email the supervisor to let her know, and included pictures of my youngest with some of her staff!