Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by tripmama: Excellent Cruise

Embarkation Not Rated

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Excellent Cruise

Sail Date: August 2014

I had read previous reviews on cruise critic about this particular cruise and was worried. There seemed to be a lot of unhappy people. My husband pointed out that out of 3000 people on this ship, only a few were unhappy. Also, it is usually the unhappy ones who write and complain, not the ones who enjoyed it.

Having done the cruise, I decided to write and say what a fantastic experience this cruise was for us.

We had been on 2 other cruises before; Celebrity ( we loved) and Carnival( meh). This cruise was equal to our Celebrity experience.

First off, to cook for 2- 3000 people, usually the food is medicare... The food ( even at the buffets ) was very good. I have a gluten allergy and at the buffet, the chef would come out and point out what he had gluten free. If I wanted, he was willing to make me something else. The gluten free desserts were also labelled. In the main dining Room, Simeon our Maitre D was great. Each night he would bring me the menu for the More next day to pick out what I would like gluten free.

We found the ship very clean and "newer looking", no line ups for things, great events during the day and we loved our sliding door for our balcony! House keeping was great ( 3x a day).

Excursions:

We didn't book excursions as we found it was cheaper to have tours by the locals.

St. Thomas- TIms tours... go into the city ( you can walk its about 2 miles) and on the main highway there are a bunch of trolley buses that will take you around the the island for $25 for an hour and 1/2 and they will leave you at a beach ( if you want) and pick you up a couple of hours later.( do NOT go to Magens bay to swim. As beautiful as it is, the sludge from a rain fall gets dumped into there and the cisterns from the locals homes gets dumped too! we learned this from our local guide...no locals will swim there... sappier beach is the place to go!) Tim's tours is on trip advisor...you can book these ahead too if you want, online.

San Jaun was amazing. Again a $10 trip for an hour around the outer old city to see the forts etc and then we walked through the old city and sipped sangria! the BEST restaurant that even the locals eat at where you can get great food ( try Mofongos, a puerta rican dish) is Manolin 251 San Justo st. Old city.

Turks and caicos, again, was beautiful... catch a local trolley for a $25 island tour...

For sure we will be sailing Princess again, we were quite impressed. Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>