Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by I want to cruise: Our Caribbean Princess Cruise ship experience

I want to cruise
Member Since 2004

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Our Caribbean Princess Cruise ship experience

Sail Date: August 2014

This is my first review so be gentle please. Just a little background. Im traveling with my parents, daughter,aunt, cousin and BFF. This was my 6th cruise, second with Princess. We were a little concerned about the cruise experience we would have after reading some not so favorable reviews on this ship. As it turns out most of the bad stuff was right on. We still had fun and made some great memories. Heres my review of our week.

We arrived in Ft Lauderdale Friday afternoon and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street. It was OK for one night but wouldnt stay there again or recommend it. Needs updated and a good cleaning. Hotel offered transportation to cruise port but after a phone call we secured a taxi for a much better price.

Arrived at cruise port around 11 am and we were onboard by noon. Quickest embarkation ever.

We had 2 balcony staterooms and had the balconies opened which was nice and this made it one large balcony space. Be sure to bring a More bungie to secure door and keep it from swinging back and forth. Cabins were kept clean by Dennis our attendant but there was always a sewer smell lingering.

Food was average and nothing great stands out. Lunch in main dining room on embarkation day was relaxing and much less hectic than the buffet. Pub lunch was tasty and pizza was good. The International Cafe was a favorite stop for many people. BFF purchased the coffee card and used it daily. Cousin got the drink package and lets just say it was very worth it for her. Ha Ha!! Had Traditional seating in Palm Dining Room and we were serenaded many times by Hector. He's awesome!!

As for our ports, everyone enjoyed them. We did miss out on Princess Cays due to BERTA so that was just another day to get some sun on the pool deck. The 3 days we spent by the Neptune pool were very quiet . Never had any silly games or belly flop contest except once I did see a game being played. Thought that was kind of odd I always remember a lot of action around pool on previous cruises. I chalk that up to the Cruise Director onboard.In St Thomas we did a snorkel excursion thru Princess to Turtle Cove which was enjoyable. At San Juan we shopped and took advantage of the Hop on Hop off Trolly which we just rode and never got off of. Got some nice photos from the trolly but it was just too hot for any more walking. What do you expect in August right ! Our final port was Grand Turk and it was so hot we spent most of the day in the sea with some beachcombing for sea glass and conch on our to do list.Be sure to pack water shoes. You will need them with the craters and sharp rocks. Later we did some shopping and saw the John Glenn exhibit but avoided Margarittaville . We stayed to the right side of pier where it was less crowded.

Entertainment was Ok on some nights. Saw Ventriloquist Jerry Goodspeed, Comedian Scott Wyler and Illusionist Lance Swank . He was really good and was interacting with the crowd. Passed on Caribbean Princess Dancers.

MUTS was too loud for us.

Princess employees seemed lethargic and as if they were just going thru the motions, the likes of which Ive never seen before on a cruise. And as for our CD, we never saw him around the ship and Im sorry to say he has a big influence on setting the tone for our week onboard . The bad reviews I have read on him were unfortunately true in our case.

Disembarking went very well. We only spent 30 minutes or so in our area waiting to exit ship. Overall this cruise was a bit dissapointing. Ship looking its age , unfriendly staff and an absent CD left a bad taste in our mouthes. We will most likely try another Cruise line next time. Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Caribbean Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Caribbean Princess B633

Cabin was kept clean but always had a sewer smell.