Golden Princess Cruise Review by maxrobb: Awesome Cruise

Awesome Cruise

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

We decided to sail on Golden Princess because we wanted to cruise Glacier Bay. Everything I read said it was a must see. I wasn't disappointed! We arrived in Seattle the night before and took a shuttle from the hotel ( holiday Inn Express) for $12 pp. to the pier. Embarkation was very lengthy compared to other cruises we have been on. However, our room was ready and we went directly to the international cafe for lunch as recommended by other cruise critic members. Delicious and short line! Went back there for lunch several times.

We were celebrating our anniversary and our room door was so cutely decorated!

Our room was a mini - suite. We chose this because we planned on doing a lot of our sightseeing from our room. Good choice. We had awesome views! We also had commentary over the tv by the naturalist who was so terrific. We went to each of his lectures but one yet saw that one on TV. When we were cruising he narrated.

Food in the dining room was great for More me. Loved the fish, lobster, king crab,shrimp etc. My husband is a meat eater so he enjoyed the prime rib, filet, and pork. Not as enthusiastic as me but not disappointed.

We had anytime dining and only twice had to wait only ten minutes for a table. Only negative is that sometimes they were very rushed and sometimes we were right next to a serving station. Probably set dining has more intimacy????

All in all the ship was great, food was great, room was great, entertainment was ok, service was good. Less

Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Golden Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Golden Princess D310

Great cabin, lots of room.