Viking Jarl 5

“Cruising down the river”
Cruise review of Viking Jarl

Act 3
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

This the the first river cruise for my wife and me, although we have taken several ocean cruises. I always was curious about the Viking ad of less time getting there and more time being there. And it was so true. Our cruise started in Amsterdam and ended in Budapest with pre stay in Amsterdam and then post stay in Prague (via motor coach). The sights were amazing, a real step back in history with so many gothic churches and awesome castles, the likes of which I am sure cannot be seen anywhere else.

The cruise was wonderfully organized, the staff aboard could not have been more pleasant, the food was very good with quite a variety of choices over the 14 days, the tours were very well organized with quite knowledgable guides. The pre and post city extensions were well worth the time to allow more in-depth exposure to the areas and more chances to visit museums and other sites. The only real disappointment is the "blue" Danube isn't so blue (actually muddy brown, unlike the TV More commercials). We were thoroughly pleased with the tour. Less

Viking Jarl Cruises to Europe River

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

veranda213
We choice a middle of the ship room with a veranda. The room was well laid out and although the veranda was small, it did allow for an escape area when sailing and especially when the top sun floor of the boat was closed due to passage under low bridges along the way. I personally would recommend a veranda room.

Published 08/15/14

Helpful? Thank Act 3
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Jarl Review

Viking Jarl Cruises to Europe River

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?