Discovery Cruise Review by Fidra girl: Lovely Cruise

Lovely Cruise

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Other

After reading reviews on this site it was with trepidation that I embarked on my first cruise. Arrival at leith brought my first delight, embarkation was seamless cases were whisked away and waiting outside the cabin on arrival. The ship was lovely, okay a little tired in places but so am I at being an advanced age. My cabin was comfortable and the steward very attentive, bed was extremely comfy. A little noisy due to engine but was at sea.

The food was varied and beautifully presented in the restaurant, Lido was the same food but in buffet form. The entertainment was adequate with enough choice to fill the days at sea, I took a kindle full of good reads and read one book, too much happening to waste time reading. Lovely fellow passengers added to the overall experience I have made long-lasting friendships.

The ship docked in most of the ports within easy reach of the cities, St Petersburg was the exception but as organised excursions were necessary this was not too More much of a problem. Customs there were quite unpleasant possibly due to the present situation. The organised trips that I took were all very efficiently organised and informative.

Yes we had problems on board with leaks and toilet hiccups but they were dealt with in a professional manner and appologies were always forthcoming, in writing on one occasion. The staff in all areas could not do enough, no complaints at all. As I said at the beginning I had read some very negative reviews of the ship and I know that not everyone was as pleased as I with this cruise .All I can say is that I had a wonderful time, celebrated a significant birthday made very special by staff and fellow passengers , and can't wait to go again.I was very impressed with the cleanliness and the constant cleaning measures taken. Less

Read more Discovery cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Discovery Review >>

Cabin review: Discovery 5390

Basic but very comfortable. Bed extremely comfortable. Very clean and kept this way by a conscientious steward who was always willing to help.