Carnival Dream Cruise Review by jszap: 2nd Time on the Dream Was Not As Good

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

2nd Time on the Dream Was Not As Good

Sail Date: August 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans

My 2nd time on the Dream. BUT, there are MAJOR FLAWS now. I took this ship out of Port Canaveral, FL in Nov. 2013. It was fabulous. I was excited to see the Dream had moved to New Orleans.

Overall: We had a good time because we love sailing, the ports were good and ship is beautiful. The weather was gorgeous

CABINS: Overall, they are nice/typical. But this time there were huge maintenance issues with A/C and plumbing. Our family of six had 3 cabins. One was really hot. Maintenance came three times and said “The temperature met Carnival’s standards.” (74 degrees). But it was hotter. My parents were dripping with sweat each night. Guest Services would not give them a fan because they are only given for medical reasons! My sons said their cabin constantly changed temperatures from cold to hot. My cabin was fine though. We ran into other passengers (on different decks) complaining about the cabin A/C not working. The showers in 2 of our 3 cabins flooded More twice by the 6th day. Maintenance came right away and said it was fixed. It flooded immediately after they left. Luckily our cruise was ending by then.

FOOD: I thought the food was good on the buffet and in the dining room. My husband, son and dad were disappointed. They said we have had much better food on RCCL and NCL and the Carnival Glory a couple years ago. PASTA BAR: Deck 11 - excellent and made to order.

DINING ROOM: Very SLOW service. On the 2nd night, I nicely spoke to the Assistant Maitra D. I told him it was 40 minutes just to get our appetizers each night. We missed the 7:30 pm. Family Show each night. He apologized and said he would get it fixed. The next night they rushed out our food. Other tables were even looking at us shocked. Waiters were nice and we hoped they didn’t get in trouble.

Note: We ran into other passengers that said their previous experience/service on the Dream and Carnival Magic was much better. One family had the late seating 8:15 pm. And they were not served dessert until 9:50 pm.

ENTERTAINMENT: The comedians are excellent and the best part of cruise. Fun Force are 4 guys that are like break dancers. One guy simulates robotic dancing. Really cool. The other singers/dancers are just o.k. The biggest disappointment was the HYPNOSIS GUY ASAD. Carnival flew this guy out to hypnotize 12 – 15 people in the audience. These people were bribed before the show and placed near the stage so they could run up on stage and make it look real. He started releasing people off the stage (didn’t give a reason). It was because they were not good enough actors. Big disappointment.

SECURITY/SAFETY PROBLEMS: First I love kids. But they were running all over the ship unsupervised and violating safety rules. We witnessed several kids running crazy on the putt putt course, throwing golf balls, swinging clubs, etc. They are in the hot tubs (without an adult) jumping and diving! Then out past curfew ALL night running wild. Security needs to be more visible and enforce the rules. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>