“Great time for a first timer cruiser on a large ship”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas

Lmn1996 Freedom of the Seas 5 Great time for a first timer cruiser on a large ship
Lmn1996
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

My husband and I have cruised royal Caribbean before but inly on the Sovereign class ships. we were very surprised at how quickly embarkation was. We arrived at Port Canaveral at 11:00 a.m. we were on the ship with in 20 minutes after that. We were told the ship was overbooked. I was concerned that it would be way to crowded. I was surprised at how much space there was on this ship. The crew and staff were awesome. The only down fall was the itinerary for this ship. We were the last ship in port. I would have liked to have been in St. Thomas longer. We arrived there at 12:00 noon. The disembarkation to go to shore was quick and the tours were organized. We did get to go to Cocoa Cay and it was nice. The two full production shows were good but we realized that we had seen them both 2 years ago on the Majesty of the seas. If you have never been on the Freedom you must see the ice show !! You will be amazed. The food was ok. Lobster night was the best. We did Chops and Portifino and Chops steak house does not disappoint for the money. Johnny Rockets was also really good. We did My time dining. Plan on along wait if you did not already book on line for your times. we were able to have our same wait staff every night we ate in the dining room.

Freedom of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

8287
This room was a surprise. It was very roomy. I liked being able to look out on to the promenade to see what was going on. I was excited that we had shower doors and there seemed to be a little more space. There' s along walk to the elevators but this deck is perfect because it is only staterooms. They did a good job of concealing the noise when the music or parties happened on the promenade. You did not feel like you were in a interior room . This room also has two sitting areas, we had the beds together to a king size and there was still plenty of room. You may want to bring a night light because it is really dark. Great for sleeping.

Port

My husband and I really enjoyed Cocoa Cay. We did unlimited snorkeling and treasure hunt excursion. We go to snorkel for two hours and the plane wreckage had a huge amount of fish. We were the only ship there so it wasn't to crowded. We left the ship early and got a really nice chair in the shade. The BBQ lunch was so so. after lunch we went back to the ship because it was so hot outside. We were able to use the pools and the whirlpools without the crowds. The merchandise o the island is typical of a straw market. the ladies were beading hair. They do an excellent ob. It did not take long to disembark for the tenders to go to and from the ship. The staff were very helpful and friendly. It was a very enjoyable day. Don't forget to get the signature drink the Coco Loco with or without the alcohol.

Read 585 CocoCay Reviews
Port

We were very disappointed in this port. We did not book an excursion but did go out on our own by taxi for a tour around the island. We did both the Dutch and French side. The coolest thing to do was to go to Maho beach and watch the planes fly over your head . That is a thrill ride in itself. The taxi driver called himself Mr. Happy and that he was. Tis is a very depressed county on both sides. French Margiot was not very nice at all. If I took this itinerary again I would stay on the ship. We went to The Blue Bch bar for lunch. The food was good and the service was friendly. At the end of the pier before you go back to the ship the is a coconut smoothie hut there. Get the smoothie. It is fresh and really good. We took the water taxis. It is $7.00 all day as much as you want. they sell beer and water for a $1.00

Port

What a beautiful place. We arrived in an open air taxi. We went to Drakes seat first and the panoramic views were gorgeous. We swam for two ours and the it was time to go back to the ship. We arrived to the port around noon. We left at 7:00 We did not have enough time to do a whole lot. We did do some shopping right there in the Haven sight mall since it was close to the ship. Beware of the time you shop in the Diamonds international. I purchased a ring and was told tat they could size it for me in St. Martin. I took it to the Diamonds international there and they could not size the ring. They sold me the ring last minute and did not follow protocol to see if it could be sized. The People in St. Martin took care of it.

Read 3,415 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 08/14/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Freedom of the Seas Review
Freedom of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?