Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruisin Dave

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruisin Dave
Splendour of the Seas
Splendour of the Seas
Member Name: Cruisin Dave
Email: dbcastle@charter.net
Cruise Date: February 2007
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: F
See More About: Splendour of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Splendour of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Splendour of the Seas Deck Plans
Splendour of the Seas - Western Caribbean
We just got back from a five night cruise on RCCL Splendour of the Seas. This was our fourth cruise but our first with Royal Caribbean. We drove to the Galveston area the day before and arrived at the pier at 11:30 am the day of the cruise. We used EZ Cruise Parking and I highly recommend their service. Upon arriving at EZ Cruise we discovered the Splendour had arrived late and that boarding had been delayed. We then proceeded to the staging area and immediately were processed through with our SetSail Pass and were on board within 30 minutes of arriving at the pier. We went straight to the Lido Deck and had lunch at the Windjammer, which is well planned out and had an excellent selection. The staff was constantly clearing tables and keeping everything clean. Plus, there was a hand sanitizer available upon entranced to the Windjammer. We had a category F Cabin and were just a couple feet from Cafe Latte-tudes, where I enjoyed a latte quite often, Ben and Jerry's ice cream was also available here. Our luggage arrived after the muster drill and everything was in order. The dinning room is call The King and I Dinning Room and is very well laid out. You do not feel crowded and the staff is very friendly. We attended the Main seating and found our dinner mates to be a lot of fun. We even had another CC member at the table. The food was excellent and always served hot. The only complaint I had was that there was no Key Lime pie on the menu. The menu had been changed for this cruise and we had a new menu. I do recommend the BBB, banana Bailey's Crème brulee, for desert on the last night.

On our first sea day, we had an M&M schedule for 1:30 in the Champagne Bar. After discovering that the Art Auction was also meeting there, we moved to the fifth floor above the auction. We had ten people attend the M&M and everyone enjoyed the gift exchange we had arranged. We also had the Captain's Reception and the Formal Dinner on the first day. I was very disappointed that many did not follow the dress code for the evening and I even saw a few enter the dinning room in t-shirts and shorts.

The Splendour has two pool areas. The main pool is for all and the Solarium pool is for adults only, except on inclement days. We utilized both areas. The Splendour also has a Rock Climbing Wall and a Miniature Golf course. Every time we went by these areas they were occupied. There is a nice internet area but we were on vacation and did not use this. The theater is call 42nd Street Theater and is well laid out and quite comfortable with leather seats. All the shows we saw was great and well presented, even with the small stage.

On day three, we docked in Cozumel at the International Pier. We did not have a planned excursion and took a taxi into San Miguel for a little shopping. We had a beautiful day with a high of 75. We had lunch at Los Palmeros and then returned to the Splendour to spend some time by the pool.

The casino is called Casino Royale and is located on deck 4 between the King and I and 42nd Street Theater. The staff was very friendly and the area was always kept clean.

On day four we were in Costa Maya. A tourist village has been built at the end of the pier that contains a pool and several bars. We spent the day here and relaxed under a palapa.

Day five was a sea day and started out cloudy but cleared quickly and turned cool. DW attended a movie in the 42nd Street Theater while I attended the art auction. I highly recommend Park West for the professionalism and courtesy. I learned a great deal from these auctions. As we were staying a few extra days in Galveston, we decided to have our luggage picked up that evening. Luggage had to be in the hallway between 7 pm and midnight. You are given colored tags and are called by color code. During the night a thick fog set in and delayed our docking by a few hours. We were still off the ship by 10 and back to our car by 11am. This had to be the smoothest debarkation I've ever experienced. I would recommend Royal Caribbean and plan on sailing again soon.

Publication Date: 02/26/07
More Splendour of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Splendour of the Seas review Read the next Splendour of the Seas review

Cruise Critic's Splendour of the Seas Review