Carnival Valor Cruise Review by bdennis777: Old Ship in need of renovation... Bad food and Entertainment.

bdennis777
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Southern Caribbean Cruises

Old Ship in need of renovation... Bad food and Entertainment.

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

I will keep this short and sweet...

First off, I'm not sure why this ship got such good reviews. I cruise every 6 months and was very disappointed. I don't think these reviews are from the guest. Here's the REAL review on this ship.

PROS...

- The 5 stops were great! (Barbados, St Thomas, St Lucia, St Maarten, St Kitts)

- The price was affordable

- Port of San Juan was very friendly. Easy getting on and off the ship

CONS...

- Ship is over 10 years old and in need of renovation.

- The Food was terrible! Not much to choose from, unlike the Carnival Breeze which I really liked. Sushi bar was closed 1 year ago and remains empty. Food in the buffet was pretty much the same every day and gross. Deserts were horrible! We pretty much lived off the sandwiches that were served in the deli counter. Pizza was horrible! No pizza sauce... just cheese and dough. No midnight buffet, just pizza and burgers.

- Ship was More dirty. Our cabin steward was non-existant. Would not clean our room, just made the bed and left a towel animal. At times he wouldnt clean our room until 10pm

- Crew was very unhappy and slow. The ship needs to hire a lot more people! A lot of the different bars and areas like the piano bar were closed. Tables remained "un bused" for quit awhile and it was hard to find a clean table to eat at.

- Entertainment was awful! Only 3 shows in the main theatre. NO energy on the ship. Everyone seemed mad and was rude! 1 guy wanted to fight me in the gym.

- Cruise director was the worst. Never saw him around the ship. He never made announcements when arriving at ports.

- Gym was dirty, gross and too small

** Even though the stops were good, I would highly recommend a different ship or look into Royal Caribbean as they have a ship that does the same stops ** Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>