Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Henners: Spanish Med 26th July

Spanish Med 26th July

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

Royal Caribbean and the Independence of the Seas delivered again been onboard the last 4 years, need a change prefer to go on Allure rather than the new Anthem.

Embarkation onboard at 10.30 no problems quicker than I expected, got the premium drinks package and the children had the soda package already to go when on board again no problems.

Food was excellent, Windjammer I have breakfast and lunch early so never any problem with large queues or getting a seat. Food was exceptional, fruit salmon and omelette for breakfast with green tea and mint, lunch lots of choice deli salad, oriental, carvery, fish, curry, pies, burgers, hot dogs and pizzas and numerous desserts, I stuck to fish and salad everyday fantastic, us english though, what it is with consuming burger, hot dogs and pizza all day long and then complain about choice of food, if you do not try other dishes how will you know. Dinner in Romeo and Juliet, again choices of starters mains and desserts excellent, More all meals served hot, the service was a tad disappointing compared to previous I have received.

Bar service was on the whole better than previous years, lots of choices with different music and styles find out which suits you for me I have a drink in Olive or Twist to see the sunset and wait until the show in the theatre, after the show its off to the casino or pyramid lounge, smoking has improved the atmosphere in the casino even though I detest the smell of smoke and this was the first time I have seen labryinth busy.

Cabin was an inside the service we received from our room steward Valery was excellent, I had an issue with the toilet overflowing due to a blockage from cabin next door, Guest Services were slow to deal with itbut when I spoke to our room steward she resolved it very quickly, my daughter in room 7471 did not receive great service from her room steward so be wary if you have rooms booked on different floors and they are not getting the same service, do report it and it will be resolved, I did and it was.

Swimming pools and hot tubs, saunas, fitness centre all excellent, the volume has been turned down on the movie screen by the pools and this has made the area more pleasant and tolerable.

Sports team were very good and ran the designated areas very well, seeing as I spent a lot of time flowriding this was appreciated.

Shows were of a good variety, missed seeing the Bohemians and seeing a hypnotist, but i did see acts I had not seen before, cruise director was good but I could do with having a different cruise director next time, nothing against this one but as with Independence herself I need to go on another class of ship.

7 ports of call in 8 days was one to many, I would of prefered one port less and more time.

It was nice to feel at home being on board again and nice to be recognised by previous cruisers that have sailed on the itineries as I have previously. Once again Royal Caribbean have provided my family and me a great holiday. Less

Read more Independence of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Independence of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Independence of the Seas 9693

I spend no time at all in cabin, room steward was excellent, I need a bed wardobe and shower, got those and so it was adequate for my needs