“Nowegian Fjords and Glaciers Trip”
Cruise review of Thomson Spirit

Tina Bell Thomson Spirit 5 Nowegian Fjords and Glaciers Trip
Tina Bell
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I sailed on the Thompson Spirit 27/7- 3/8 on the Norwegian Fjords and Glaciers trip. This was my first cruise, and I was not disappointed. From the moment we arrived at the port, everything was structured and organized to minimize delay and it was obvious that the passengers were going to be taken good care of. I found the food excellent, the staff unbelievably hard working and friendly, and the trips I picked from the boat were good value and informative. With plenty of time available for sightseeing I found the scenery was breath taking and sailing through the fjords listening to classical music is an experience I will not forget.

With excellent choice of food, brilliant staff and amazing “live shows” the programme of events on board catered for all tastes. I particularly liked the “Cruise News” which was issued every night, detailing everything that was happening the next day, giving the opportunity to ensure you took part in activities that you were interested in. Well done Thompsons.

The only disappointment was that we heard that this is the last sailing season for Thompsons from Newcastle – which is a real shame as I know many people on the ship were local and had cruised from Newcastle several times before – including the friends I was with!

Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

724
I was travelling alone and had pre booked my cabin as there were limited numbers of single cabins. As a person on your own you do pay a very high premium for single travel. However , my cabin was small but functional and I was only in it to shower and sleep. Noise was minimal and I had everything I needed.
Published 08/13/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Thomson Spirit Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?