Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by JordanLovesCruisin: Seriously, best cruise ever.

JordanLovesCruisin
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Seriously, best cruise ever.

Sail Date: August 2014

My DH, DS (11 months old) and I went on the 8/3/2014 sailing. We pretty much took it as a "do-over" of the not-so-fun time we had on the Magic in March. Let me tell you, this was an incredible trip.

Ship- I was a little nervous that we would get bored on a smaller ship than the Magic. Prior to the Magic we had sailed on Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas, which is much bigger and had so many amenities. This was not the case. There was always something for us to do. The staff were constantly cleaning, painting, scrubbing, etc. It was a beautiful ship, very clean, and very well-maintained.

Room- We booked 3 weeks out and just did it on the cheap since airfare from OKC to MIA was $500+ per person. We were also worried that we would get claustrophobic not having a balcony, with an infant nonetheless. We booked an interior guarantee and was assigned 6432. This was also a misconception I had. We slept so good, the room had plenty of space to walk around (even with a More stroller) and space for my son to play on the floor with his toys. There was just as much closet space as we had on the Magic. Our room steward was Jolly and he was phenomenal! Plus, he was good with our baby. Meaning, he wasn't annoyed when Beckett spilled his formula powder all over the floor.

Entertainment- Holy moly, the entertainment was fantastic. Mike Pack, Roly, JJ, all of the entertainment crew were so amusing and enjoyable. Mike was ALL over the ship. Talking to everyone, assisting disabled passengers, joking with kids, etc. The shows we saw were the "Welcome Aboard Show", "Divas", "Hasbro the Game Show", and The Marriage Show. There was also a "Latin Nights" show that we didn't attend because baby boy wasn't having it.

Crew- Best. Crew. We. Have. Ever. Had. This was my tenth cruise and it was by far the best crew I have ever encountered. Very helpful, always smiling and friendly.

Food- Guys Burgers....oh my. I had 4. Not at once, but on day 1, 2, 4 and 6. It was like crack. But instead of making me crazy and skinny it made me nap and fat. Honestly, the food in the MDR was just eh, besides the WCMC, of course. And the cookies. Get in my belly. Lido buffet was also eh. We ate in the dining room most days for breakfast. No lines. Awesome service.

Ports- We went to Half Moon Cay and purchased a $20 clamshell to rent. It was beautiful. Not the clamshell, but the beach. Wednesday we went to St. Thomas and did the KonTiki, which we did on our honeymoon awhile back. Love that tour. In SJ, PR, we paid a guy $10 pp to take an AC bus to see the higlights of SJ. Well worth it. In Grand Turk we just drank it up at Margaritaville.

Embarkation- Got there at 11:30, was on the ship by 12:30. Easy breezy.

Debarkation- Easiest debark ever. Waited in custom's line for 3 minutes. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Interior Upper 6432

Awesome room, but right above the lounge where the comedians perform until late.