Rhapsody of the Seas 3

vacaxnsetc
Member Since 2014
1 Forum Post

Overall Member Rating

I'm sure the ship may have been a Rhapsody at some point but it needs to be retired. Hawaii and Canada were lovely and was the only saving grace. I'm not sure why RCL has invested in trying to put a band-aid on this boat instead of just replacing it with one of the newer vessels. The refurbish was a waste of good money. You can see that they tried, but unfortunately they failed miserably.

The service on the vessel was as raggamuffin as the ship itself. There were times where we were trying to scavenger hunt food. Real food, not that Park Cafe salad nonsense. I took off 20 pounds before the cruise so I could eat like I wanted to on the cruise. 24 Hour ice cream bar was non existent. I understand cut backs to keep the fares reasonable but food is a primary attraction of cruising and whoever heard of being hungry on a cruise. One morning my only expectation was milk and cereal for breakfast and they could not supply whole milk. I was told they didn't have any more yet More miraculously two days later the Pacific Ocean managed to produce vitamin D fortified and pastuerized whole milk.

I'm not an extravagant person and usually don't take advantage of all that cruising offers, and yet I still managed to be underwhelmed by this cruise experience.It was horrible and this cruise was not inexpensive. The staff and crew were coming off of an Extended Austrailian tour and picking up the additional passengers in Honolulu. It was evident that while it was my first day of the cruise, it was not theirs and their energy levels were conspicuosly depleted. So between the clock striking midnight turning the ship back into a pumpkin and the over worked under paid exhausted staff this was just the worst cruise ever. Oh, and just to add some additional color they never met me at the airport,and I had to find my own way to the cruise terminal. Then they blamed me for the oversight asking why didn't I call although I did, twice. Should have cruised NCL. They were at the airport colleting their passengers. Less

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruises to Hawaii

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Atlantis Submarine

I recommend the submarine dive. We got an upclose view of stingrays and other marine life. The guides were knowledgeable an were able to answer all questions regarding species.

Luau

The food was good. The entertainment was great. The sunset was amazing. Definitely a must do.

Read 13 Luau Reviews

Craigdarroch Castle

Victoria was a quaint town with a lot to see and do. If you're a history buff a tour of Craigdarroch Castle is worthwhile. The grounds are lovely and the castle well maintained providing a window to the past.

Published 08/12/14

Read Cruise Critic's Rhapsody of the Seas Review

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruises to Hawaii

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?