Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by bspecht: Definitely a FUN SHIP

Definitely a FUN SHIP

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My wife, 5 year old son and I just returned from a 4-night cruise and we had a blast! Some of the highlights... The shows were excellent, great dancing! The food was delicious, and the service was consistently excellent. The staff are very professional at administering fun. The ship was a little dated, but very clean and well-maintained. We enjoyed the comedy shows, and certainly hanging out by the pool and having a drink, listening to the DJ music and people watching. There was a fun mix of people on our cruise, from families, to singles and seniors... but everyone seemed to get along great and have fun together.

Our room was nothing special, but was perfectly comfortable. We had recently cruised on the Disney Dream which was very nice but expensive, so we decided to take a risk and try Carnival... after reading some of the reviews we kept our expectations low, but we were very pleasantly surprised in many ways. Camp Carnival was excellent for our son, and they offered free More child care during the day and a nominal fee in the evenings so that my wife and I could take in a show and spend a little time in the casino. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone who needs a fun and economical vacation. We look forward to cruising with Carnival again! Less

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sensation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sensation R187

We enjoyed our cabin, it must have been close to the engines because there was a hum when we were moving, but it wasn't enough to keep us up, it just reminded us that we were on a ship. I definitely enjoyed our window, which was just two stories above the water line so we had a nice low view of the ocean at all times. It was easy to pop outside our room and catch the elevator directly up to the Lido lounge where the buffet was.