Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Septbabies02

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Septbabies02
Carnival Sunshine
Carnival Sunshine
Member Name: Septbabies02
Cruise Date: July 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
See More About: Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Carnival Sunshine Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Carnival Sunshine Deck Plans
Don't let the reviews scare you!

If you are like me, you probably read some of these reviews and were scared to sail on the sunshine. However, we just returned and had a great time. I won't lie, some of the things in the reviews are true, but we found nothing that appalled us or caused us not to have a wonderful time. I will say, it is evident this is an older ship and the advertisement of new is a bit misleading, however I have seen other companies such as RC do the same.

We did find the deck plan a little confusing at times, but again if this is enough to ruin your entire vacation then you would be better off staying at home. The elevators were slow but we just used the stairs. I could see if someone is not able to do stairs this could definitely be a bother. The ship did shutter at times but nothing that made me feel uncomfortable, unsteady, or even the slightest bit concerned; after all you are on a boat in the middle of the ocean. I did not witness any leakage or sewer smell as described in other posts.

I would say the thing that bothered us the most is there is only one small family pool on the entire ship. We have two small kids that love to swim so this was an important feature for us. While crowded at times, we were still able to enjoy the pool. I wouldn't go out of my way to book the Sunshine again but if it met our timing and financial needs, we would not hesitate. If anyone is already booked and concerned, I hope this helps! Enjoy your vacation and don't sweat the small stuff. After all, you are there to enjoy yourself and nothing is ever perfect. If you want to nit pick the ship to death, this is probably not the ship for you. Then again, Carnival is probably not the cruiseline for you either as is aimed more for the budget conscious versus the luxury cruiser.

Publication Date: 08/11/14
More Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Sunshine review Read the next Carnival Sunshine review

More Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews