Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Jim S.: Family's First Cruise

Family's First Cruise

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Vancouver

Being first time cruisers we needed all the help we could get. The family consisted of my wife and I, my son and his wife, and 2 grandsons. We got a balcony cabin #243 on deck 10, while my son took a inside cabin #322 on deck 10. These cabins were directly across the hall from one another, so they could simply step across the hall to use our balcony to view the beautiful scenery. (worked out very well, and saved my son a few dollars) Sometimes on a back to back cruise you have to change rooms on the way back,not so in our case. The ship, the staff, the food was excellent. The staff made you feel like you were the only ones on the ship. Our steward called us by our first names on the first day, and his service was above and beyond!! The selection of food was unbelievable, I'm sure I gained several pounds in the 2 weeks. The time in each port was more than ample to do a lot of exploring and tours. We lucked out on the weather, we had a small shower one day in Skagway and part of a day More of fog. In Whittier it was blue sky all day and warm.

On the cruise we seen whales, dolphins, sea lions, seals, sea otters, and countless eagles. My son and I took almost 1000 pictures, memories to last forever.

My son had 2 small problems with his bathroom, when the toilet overflowed. The first time was a small overflow, they were there instantly to clean and dry the room, as well as a complimentary bottle of wine and an apology. The same thing happened 3 days later, again it was taken care of, and this time they treated the entire family to dinner at Cagney's Steak House. Great Service!!

Ask me if I would cruise Norwegian again........YES!! Ask me if I would cruise Alaska again....Yes!!

The only BAD THING on the whole trip was parking at Vinci Park-Canada Place. They advertise "You will enjoy one of the many cruises knowing your vehicle is in a secured location." This is a FALSE STATEMENT!! It is NOT SECURE!! Upon our return we found the back power window on our truck had been broken(approx. $700.00 to replace) and a few small items stolen from inside. We paid $347.19 to park for 2 weeks, and they are not responsible for anything? We tried to get a refund on our parking fee to help pay for the window and were rudely told to forget it!! The bottom line is, it now cost just over $1000.00 to park at Vinci Park- Canada Place. (NOT RECOMMENDED) Less

Read more Norwegian Sun cruise reviews >>