Thomson Dream Cruise Review by 123minnymouse: DIRTY. OUTDATED , MORE LIKE 1* HOLIDAY

123minnymouse
Member Since 2014

DIRTY. OUTDATED , MORE LIKE 1* HOLIDAY

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: La Palma

I have just read some of the reviews on the Thomson dream cruise ship.

Well if I had read this before I went on it I would have never had gone , but it was a last miniut booking so never got chance.

But still I would have thought it can't be that bad , but wow !! This was terrible is a understatement , my problems were the same as the other people who commented and left reviews, where do I start !!

On first arriving at the Thompson dream , there were members of staff in hand with white paint painting everywhere as they were every day of the 7 day trip.

We were on deck 9 we spent 5 days out of 7 with the staff in our cabin unblocking the toilets , cleaning up the leaking dirty ( bowl & urine ) content of half the skip backing up through the toilet , and shower drain , leaking all over the floor in the bathroom and in to the bedroom area , when asked to be moved was told NO there is no where to put us , ( seems like this us always the problem ) More from other reviews , so we had to spent the whole 7 days in a stinking ( bowl & urine ) cabin this was cleaned every day , but to our inconvenience as we had to leave the cabin why they cleaned it , and this happened up to twice a day.

We was located mid ship by where the shows are held, so we had other guests up to 1000 at a time walking directly past our cabin , and the noise from them was so load , we had no sleep untll at least 4 am in the morning when they had all gone to there cabins .

The shows if they we on as they was canceled due to the hurricane that hit us , so not on every evening but when they were on I have seen better shows at buttlins , very poor and on one show very ex rated.

The main restraint was closed for 3 days so we had to make do with the pool side bar at the idols food court.

It was cold , poor quality , and not big enough to feed a child let alone a adult.

The pool side you was not able to get to due to the amount of sun loungers jammed together .

The staff at the bars were very helpfull all the time , that was the only thing good about the ship

I am a wheel chair user , this ship is not suitable for wheel chair users there are no disabled access , you have to get some one to lift the wheel chair over the brass lips on all doors the lifts are not big enough to take the wheel chair in some of them, but after queuing for up to 20 minutes at times for the lifts it was very frustrating for the lift to come and you could not get in it due to the size and the DAM RIGHT lazy people that could not be bothered to walk up one flight of stairs,.

So spent the whole holiday having to ask other passengers to help lift me in the wheel chair I have wrote a 6 page complaint to thompsons waiting for there reply , I would never ever recommend thus ship to any one . Less

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Dream 9020

NOT AS DESCRIBED

Full of pick pockets

Pretty place but full of beggars

City Tour