Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by svjen: The Breeze is the best ship I've sailed on.

svjen
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Southern Caribbean Cruises

The Breeze is the best ship I've sailed on.

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Whoever designed the Breeze hit a home run!! I would sail again on the Breeze just because I love the ship design, decor & layout.

I liked the ports. I had not been to Grand Turk, La Romana or Curacao before and I enjoyed all of them.

I missed Aruba because I was sick. Not sure if it was norovirus or not but I could not leave my cabin for 36 hours.:(

I still consider this one of the best cruises I have ever been on. The band Groove 6 was over the top fantastic. Carnival hit a home run putting these musicians together. I was in the Ocean Plaza every night enjoying them perform.

The specialty eating venues were excellent. The Sushi restaurant & Red Frog Pub had delicious food options. Be sure to sit on the swinging picnic table outside the Red Frog Pub. Guy's burger joint was also very good. My friends ate at Jimmy's C-side BBQ and raved about it. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 7439

Nice cabin. I always book a balcony cabin if available.

Curacao has wonderful beaches. Don't go to the ones listed on the shore tour trips unless you want crowded and people selling you stuff. Spend the extra $$ for a taxi ride to Cas Abao. Very beautiful, quiet, clean and no one trying to sell you stuff. The cab ride to Cas Abao was $30 round trip and totally worth it.

Read 502 Curacao Reviews

I spent the day at Margaritaville in a cabana while in Grand Turk. I highly recommend it. The service was very good, cabana was clean and air conditioned, pool and grounds were clean and not crowded. It is a little expensive but so is the ship. Even though it was expensive, the whole day was worth it.

Saona Island

(4)

In La Romana we too the Seavis excursion to Sanoa Island. It was a decent tour for the money. The only drawback is the boat ride over to Sanoa Island: It's very rough and you are packed into the boat like sardines.