Azura Cruise Review by andrewu18: Excellent

Excellent

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Southampton

I'm not normally one to partake in writing reviews etc but after seeing some of the negative comments posted, I felt it only fair to stick up for P&O and in particular the staff who served my family and me so well on our cruise.

I travelled in a large group which included 3 generations to celebrate my parents 40th wedding anniversary. This cruise is advertised as family friendly so for people to complain about children being on board seems bizarre. Being from Scotland our school holidays fall at different times so no need for any fines to be paid! That being said it didn't feel like there was a large number of children on board as the majority of time they were being entertained at the fantastic children's club and in fact my sister had trouble getting hers out for meals as they enjoyed it so much.

The food in the buffet at breakfast and lunch was good and there was always a good selection. Fresh fruit was always in abundance and was never too much for the staff More to get something specific for my daughter if it wasn't on show. We dined in the Peninsular restaurant each evening and this was terrific. A wide variety and the portions just right for a 4/5 course sitting.

I didn't partake in any excursions as I have a 16 month old daughter however others in our party particularly enjoyed Fire Mountain in Lanzarote and the cable car/toboggans in Madeira. Not cheap granted. As most ports were walkable we were happy to go an explore around them on foot.

The entertainment was mixed and we always felt there was something to do, even when the weather was overcast a few days (the one thing I would have changed was to have been slightly warmer and sunnier). No doubt some will feel that is P&O's fault too.

Finally the staff. Everyone I encountered was polite and friendly above and beyond what I would expect. It took us a while to get anywhere as they all wanted to stop and talk to my daughter and she had a ball giving high fives to them all.

Overall I agree that there may be things that could be improved or certain standards raised, however none of these can detract from the great experience we had on board Azura. I would have no hesitation in recommending to others, except those who are too busy to have a good time for all the complaining they need to do. Less

Read more Azura cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Azura Review >>

Cabin review: Azura C249

Very comfortable and well maintained.