Thomson Majesty Cruise Review by greekqueen: Cruise with kids

Cruise with kids

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Greece
Embarkation: Corfu

I have been on several cruises, two with my daughter. My grandchildren wanted me to take them on a cruise so booked this one as it seemed the cheapest overall, flew from our local airport and was in the school holidays. I booked the all inclusive package. There were six of us altogether (son, daughter & 3 kids) and I booked an outside and inside larger cabin on deck 4, opposite each other.The flight was fine and by the time we reached our cabins the cases were there. We were impressed by the roomy cabins, although the shower rooms were very small. They were in an ideal position and very quiet, and I had a good sized window which had a lovely clear view. The beds were very comfy, and our 2 cabin staff wonderful.

The 3 kids (5, 7 & 10) enrolled at kids club which was available 3 times a day, and they loved it and didn't want to miss any sessions! The girls who ran it were great and seemed to really enjoy their job. They were picked up from the cabin on 3 occasions and More taken for breakfast and then to play which was fantastic! They had their own cards so could order their own drinks from the bar or waiters. One loved the daily none alcoholic cocktails. When not at the club they loved to be in the pool. We booked a trip to a water park in Kusadasi which was excellent and enjoyed by all. We also booked a beach trip in Pireaus as I thought it would be too hot to go in to Athens, however this was cancelled due to low numbers. My daughter and her eldest ended up going on an open topped bus from just outside the port for a tour of the sights of Athens for a very reasonable fee. Some of the shows were OK, but not as good as the Island Escape which I was on in April. In fact we never went in the Fireworks Lounge as there was never anything very entertaining on, for us or the kids. None of us thought the resident band was to our taste, and all their tunes sounded the same. They were far too loud on the pool deck and made conversation impossible. Some nice up to date tunes played by a DJ would have been welcome. The Night Club played much better music! We ate in all the restaurants (including the Bistro which was good), and personally I felt the food was OK but not fantastic. We managed a couple of Beaches which were very nice, Bodrum was lovely, and we had a really good time overall. The kids are now hooked on cruising, and one wants to live on a cruise ship.Corfu airport is a joke but luckily we weren't there too long! Less

Read more Thomson Majesty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Majesty Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Majesty 444

good cabin choice, no noise, spacious and convenient. Good window.