Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by TerryR: Dissappointing compared with the Eclipse last year
Overall Member Rating
Dissappointing compared with the Eclipse last year
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
We travelled as 3 couples in adjacent cabins from Venice and all had the 'classic drinks' package It was a fly/cruise. Destinations visited were Kotor, Santorini, Athens, Katakolon.
1. Aggogant bar staff on top decks, also kept waiting for cards to be returned.
2. Poor service in Cuvee restaurant, tables not properly laid.
3. Clear cost cutting in progress since RCCL take over.
4. Billed as 5 star cruise but 4 start at best.
5. Check in at Birmingham and Venice airports very slow and no opportunity to pre-allocate seats or check in online.
6. Reduction in use of 'headline' acts in the theatre, too much house band/crew. Felt a bit like Thomson.
7. Santorini mobbed as their were 3 ships (7000 people) trying to get on the cable car.
8. No enrichment programme (interesting speakers etc)
9. We will never travel Celebrity again. Less
Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>
Cabin review: 8200
Just like the Eclipse, but towels frayed, no tea/coffee facilities, no chocolates.
Port and Shore Excursions
Stayed local, but dissappointing. The "beach" is very small and looks like rough gravel.
A few bars & restaurants but service slow.
Be careful where your room is.
Eastern Meditarrenean Dream of...
Great ports; Celebrity the bes...
We loved it! Oceana, April 20...
Celebrity Shakespeare Cruise
Very Good with a Few Minor Iss...
First Transatlantic Crossing
Great Rate, tateroom, Food, an...