Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by AJackowitz: Top Notch Across the Board

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Top Notch Across the Board

Sail Date: July 2014

With the exception of the upcoming Quantum Class, one would be hard pressed to find a ship or crew that comes even remotely close to matching the WOW that is the Allure of the Seas. From the moment we stepped on board, we were stunned.

Not only is Allure massive, but the details and finishes were top notch. While my wife and in-laws have been frequent cruisers and traveled on many lines, this was only my second cruise. My first cruising experience was on an older ship, Majesty of the Seas. To compare the two would be like comparing a Motel 8 and The Ritz Carlton.

A special kudos has to go out to Allan Brooks and his staff. The shows were on-land "broadway" caliber shows and The Quest game show was absolutely fantastic. The waitstaff in the main dining room and specialty restaurants were superb. A perfect example of this was on a night when I informed the main dining room staff that I have a nut allergy. The head chef came to our table and explained that he made a More special sauce just for me and that the dish was safe for me to eat. This was not in a dining room of a few people.... this was on a boat that had over 6,000 guests and 2,000+ crew members. OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE/CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE. The staff must also have access to Sea Pass cards as the head of the dining room addressed me by my first name without me ever formally introducing myself. A very nice touch and use of technology!

You must try the zip lining and rock climbing wall, and the basketball court was a great bonus as well! The gym has several machines and there is even a running track that goes around the entire ship. The boat truly has it all. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas 7196

The cabin was great. While the bathroom was small-- it served its purpose. Plenty of storage space if you get creative (we also packed heavily!) Outstanding oversized balcony with great unobstructed views of the ocean and ports.