Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by RichardH13: Best part of the cruise thankfully we went to Bermuda

Carnival Splendor 2
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

Best part of the cruise thankfully we went to Bermuda

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We were 6 friends waiting at Port and wondering why so long when it was announced we were changinging our iternary to Bermuda from Canada and away from the Hurricane.

This is my 15th cruise having sailed with Carnival, Holland, Cunard and Nowegian. The FOOD was HORRIBLE in the main dining room for Every Meal. It is the same food as is being served at the Buffet. The Chefs don't care on Carnival. I really believe that Carnival will eventually go Buffet Only plus Pizza and Burgers. Carnival is joking with the patrons when the food is this bad. Carnival does not care, the food is of the lowest grade and cooked SO Bad. Did I say the FOOD was Bad, Horrible. You won't gain weight cruising with Carnival.

Service was nice and attentive all over the ship. Our stewards did a nice job too. Bed was comfortable, AC first day was not very strong but did some work the second day and it helped. We had a Spa Balcony Room, nice size and gave us access to Spa with it's own large More jacuzzi, sauna rooms and more.

The comedians were good. The best part was being rerouted to Sunny Bermuda even if it was only for the day. I keep saying no more Carnival but they have the schedule I need. Our last 3 cruises with them the food has been as awful as the last. A pity as when we cruised with our kids in 1999 the food was suprisingly good. Also the wine list is low grade. Less

Published 08/08/14

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Bermuda Cruises

Cabin review: 1033

Room 1033 Spa Balcony, nice size room and gives you access to Spa.

Member Since 2014
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X