Carnival Valor Cruise Review by MNelson486: Fantastic Ports of Call!

MNelson486

Fantastic Ports of Call!

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

We were very excited to go on this cruise. Our flight into San Juan was relatively easy. We came in the day before. We took a taxi from the airport to our hotel (Renaissance La Concha in the Condado). Hotel was nice (I used miles). We had a beautiful room overlooking the beach. Beach looked nice, and the pool was great. Food at the hotel was good, but expensive.

We took a tact to the port around 11:30. It was crazy outside the port. people and porters and luggage were everywhere. Once we got into the line -- it was quick onto the ship. We had FTTF so our cabin 9200 was available. My son with swimming with his friend and we ate some food. We intended to go out and check out San Juan -- but it was hot, so we explored the ship, relaxed and got ready to cruise!

We went to dinner in the dining room. There was no set seating time. Things went quickly but I prefer to have our set waiters, etc. We did find on this cruise, the bar waiters were hard to find in the dining room! More Eventually we figured out that we just needed to order from our waiter.

Safety drill was HOT and long, as everything was done in English and Spanish. I would certainly not complain, but it was late at night and my kiddos were tired.

Port Day 1: St. Thomas. This was the one tour we took from Carnival. I had been to St Thomas before and it was fine, but I really wanted to see St. John. We took the trunk bay beach and snorkel. The beach was AMAZING! I would go back there in a heartbeat. I wish we could have taken more time here.

Port Day 2: Barbados -- not the most beautiful looking area where you park the ship -- very industrial. I would not need to return to Barbados. We went to the Boatyard Beach Club and it was a nice day. There were colorful crabs everywhere, beach toys for thekiddos. The drinks and food were well priced. Overall we had a good day. The taxi ride home was CRAZY!!

Port Day 3: St. Lucia -- WOW! Loved St. Lucia. We did the Spencer Ambrose Tour beach break. It was Spencer's daughter -- and she was phenomenal. We had so much fun on the beach -- and the snorkeling was very good. We got there early -- so we had the beach to ourselves and we got some good chairs. The lunch was good, the boat ride was fun and the rum punch was strong. I highly recommend Spencer's tour!

Port Day 4: St. Kitts: We took the full day charter to Nevis with Leeward Tours. It was a very nice day. I was snorkeled out so I floated in the water with a noodle. It was very relaxing and an excellent price!

Port Day 5: St. Maarten: We went to the Westin resort using resort for a day. They were great. It was nice to sit by a pool, and the shower in the room we got for the day was divine. After a week of that tiny shower it was nice to have some room!

This was an awesome cruise, and allowed us to sample a lot of islands to decide where we wanted to go back to. We were so busy in port everyday -- we did not do too much around the ship. We did do the Chef's table which was nice (not as fun as when we were on the Destiny). We liked movies under the stars (ride along, Frozen, Divergent). Kids loved that. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Balcony Lido 9200

Greatest room ever. It was spacious, roomy and the floor to ceiling windows were incredible!