Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Jenjenliz: Here is one for your bucket list

Jenjenliz
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Baltic Sea Cruises

Here is one for your bucket list

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Copenhagen

The Baltic Capitals cruise with NCL is excellent!

We had no trouble boarding early; our cabin steward, Victor, was ready and welcoming. He was there for us for the entire cruise, and we never wanted for anything, His English was impeccable, he was always smiling and helpful and was able to answer all our questions.

The food was very good. We purchased the ultimate dining package, and it was worth it! Do not miss Cagney's and The Bistro. The Market Café was our go-to spot for a quick snack or lunch. The Blue Lagoon was our favorite More breakfast spot. All the servers were very good.

Entertainment was wonderful in the Lounge, thanks to the cruise director, Iaian, who was very talented and personable. I laughed until my sides hurt. The theatre entertainment was so-so and I never stayed for an entire performance except for the Beatles tribute band, who were very good.

We used SPB tours for all our tours. They were very good, but often parked further away than the ship's buses. We toured Berlin with Heather (an American living in Berlin) and feel like we got an honest overview of the city. The tour was fascinating and very educational. Tallinn Estonia was a wonderful surprise. I was not looking forward to this tour, but I was so very pleasantly surprised. What a beautiful old city. I would not have been surprised to see Snow White followed by the Seven Dwarves walk out of any door! It was truly a fairy tale city. Our guide was a college student. She was wonderful and told many anecdotes about various places in the city. Aside from Denmark, I think Tallinn was my favorite stop. Next we visited St. Petersburg. If I had to do it again, I would not have done a two-day tour. I'd have done one day, but be sure to include Peterhof. The gardens are magnificent. The city was one gold leaf onion dome after another, and one gold leaf cathedral or palace after another. Overdose. Helsinki was a different story. We had friends there and did not do an SPB tour. Wonderful city, very beautiful. I'd like to return some day. Stockholm with the Nobel locations and Vasa Museum is engaging and fascinating. We had a French tour guide who lives there and was very knowledgeable about the city. As I said earlier, don't miss the cruise along the Archipelago both approaching and leaving the city.

The cruise was the trip of a lifetime for me, and I am so glad I did it. In fact, I'd like to do it again! Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Star 11536

We selected mini-suite 11536 and it was very quiet and virtually motionless. My only comment is that it was a bit far from the elevator/stairwells. Next time I'm going more towards midship. There were 2 of us in the mini-suite with balcony. I don't think any more than 2 people would be comfortable. The balcony was generous, and we used it quite a bit, especially when we were sailing the Stockholm Archipelago - gorgeous! The bath was 3 distinct compartments and had a full sized tub. Shampoo and soap were in dispensers, and a hair dryer was provided at the vanity just outside the bathroom. Fluffy towels were provided; so were bathrobes but they were a bit timeworn and thin, and not at all fluffy or soft.