Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by KEV69: Not the best

Not the best

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

I went on my first RCI cruise and I thought that I would be happy and satisfied with my experience. I wasn't, these were because of a few reasons.

1. My Time Dining: the concept does not work on this ship as you have to reserve a table for every night and not just turn up when you would like. If you are late you are shouted at by rude staff and forced to wait.

2. The in-ability to get a sun bed. There are people who get up and put towels on sun beds at 6am each morning. There is a rule which says that they will be removed after 30 minutes, this was not enforced and not acknowledged by staff when I complained. This was something that was felt by many guests.

3. The in-ability to get to shows. You are unable to get into game shows or quizzes if you do not arrive 30 minutes before it is about to begin. One night, after the show, 4,000 people were invited to go to a game show where only 200 people could sit in the audience. There is a large theatre which is More hardly used which would be useful for the shows where many people attend.

4. Poor food in the Windjammer Cafe. The food in the Windjammer has no identity as you have spring roles situated next to a pie. There is no reason for things to be put next to each other. Over 14 days I did not receive a hot meal. The quality of the food was generally poor.

5. The rudeness of staff. When you have a complaint that requires compensation the customary line is "if i compensate you I have to compensate all the guests". This is rubbish as when I complain I only care about myself. When you talk to the cruise director about issues, like sun beds, they take no responsibility and act as if it is just one of those things. Not the case when you're on holiday.

6. The quality of some entertainers was poor. Some entertainers were so poor that they were funny and were put in at peak times. (juggling acts etc)

7. Shore excursions. I booked one excursion for Rome which cost $200 for 3 people and they took us to a town where everything was closed and then someone's house for some bread. No commentary or historical information. Again they were reluctant to accept responsibility.

I wold therefore not recommend RCI for the prices that they charge and what you get for your money. Less

Read more Adventure of the Seas cruise reviews >>