Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by pennydog24: Fabulous family cruise

Fabulous family cruise

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

We flew from Gatwick (stayed the night before in the Sofitel) The transfer to the ship was smooth - we waited about 30 minutes before boarding the bus. On arrival at the port it was very busy but there were lots of staff booking you in and it was quick - about another 30 minutes with cool drinks available. We went straight to our staterooms and cases came very quickly. My two teenage sons shared an inside cabin and we were directly across in a balcony cabin with our 10 year old. We had needed to officially book an adult in each room but they were happy to issue extra key cards for the rooms we actually intended sleeping in.

Cabins clean and modern.

The cruise was very international with plenty to do. The excursions were expensive but smoothly organised. We went to Pompeii. I was annoyed that when you were away out of the town centre the shuttles were not free. With 5 of us $12 each mounts up when it is daily. Only Cannes was really accessible on foot.

Food More was lovely. Plentiful and varied. Very clean and hygiene conscious. Antibacterial sprayers everywhere and staff spraying the hands of people at key times.

There is a lot to pay for on this boat eg extra restaurants and shows - but you can easily have a lovely varied time without going mad on the extras. The shows Blue man and legends were both good. Balcony was well worth the extra cost. Some on deck 8 midship were not covered and so everyone looks down on you. I was glad I did not have one of those. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 90613

Loads of storage for 3 people , little cramped for passing but manageable. My husband is 6 foot 4 and he managed in the bed. Bed very comfortable. Clean and well tended to by the staff twice a day. The shower and toilet arrangement is not for everyone but we are a family so it was fine. My two teenage boys are very private and they managed to share without embarrassment. Everything is nice and clean.