“Less than average”

Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I have cruised with Carnival for over 10 years and they have got progressively worse in just about every way. We just returned from Glory to Half Moon Cay, San Juan etc and it was less than average. The ship is full of people who think hip pop is the latest in Caribbean music and if it's loud then louder is better. I like loud music but this is an exercise in distortion and broken speakers whose intension is never to be used for this music at this level. The main pool is so loud that you can hardly order a drink and the atrium is another source of less than average music played so loud that everybody can hear it in their bedrooms until at least 11pm. The casino has music that is almost reasonable but a couple of times it was a game of trivia and even the guy on the mic running the game was distorted and too loud for the family to even talk.

I thought that the food was average and we also tried the fancy steakhouse for an extra charge. That meal took over 3 hours and the service was terrible. They took 20 minutes to take my order but had not even asked us for a cocktail or brought the bread basket to us yet!

The ports are OK if you like swimming. The only one worth seeing is San Juan but that was with 4 other boats so you could hardly walk down the street.

This will be my last Carnival cruise, I felt like I was shopping at Wal Mart or was part of a "blue light special" at K Mart. Yes it was a cruise but it's hardly a bargain if everything is poor quality and service. Even the staff we spoke to were not impressed with the ship.

Obviously, others may like it but my vacations are special to me and I don't mind paying for a great vacation but this was a lot of money for " less than average".

Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

6339
The cabin was what I expected but the music permeates just about the whole ship so if you want to go to bed before 11 then you will hear the crap music on your pillow.
Published 08/07/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Glory Review
Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?