Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by Paula289: One smelly ship

Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

One smelly ship

Sail Date: July 2014

Did not go on this ship. I am a seasoned cruiser, all different cruise line. This ship smells like a musty moldy smell. While in port the smell gets worse, and in some places, it smells like poop in the hallways. We told the staff, there answer was yes, we know. I have an allergy to mold and lived on Benadryl for the week. They did not have a room for us to change into. The balconies on the 9th & 10th floors are layered out so everyone in the balconies above you can look down and have a full view of you, no private part to the balcony. I did not like that. Sitting on my balcony with my coffee in my nightgown is part of my morning routine. Do not book a balcony on the 9th or 10th floor.

The spa is one of the worse I have ever seem. The spa rooms for treatments are very nice. The open area for the spa is very bad and not worth joining for the week. 4 spa chairs in a hallway and steam and aroma rooms that sit one. The rain forest room is a shower with 4 jets for one person. More The other is just a shower for one. Both showers are open to the hallway. There is not pool.

The food in the main buffet was like golden coral. A lot of pushing and cutting in line. No order at the buffet. The buffet has no line of food. It snakes around in an oval shape. So the people are all other the place. The food in the dinning hall was okay, nothing to write about. The pastries were wonderful. The staff were okay, nothing special. The entertainment was like other ships. Again okay but no wow factor. The comedian was good. The Mexican music was great. The cruise was not cheap but everything else was, don't go on this ship. Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Caribbean Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Caribbean Princess C503

The balcony is very large but all the decks above you can look down onto your balcony, full view, really, no private spot on the balcony. All the balconies in this section on the 9th & 10th floor are like this.