MSC Preziosa Cruise Review by Sjodilson: Some good and some bad parts.

Sjodilson
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on MSC Preziosa Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Some good and some bad parts.

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

We just came back from our cruise with MSC Preziosa. It was our second cruise with MSC and also our second cruise all together. We selected this cruise mainly for the nice itinerary and for the competitive price compared to other cruise ships/companies. The travelling company consisted of me, my girlfriend and another couple, in other words no children.

First of all I like to say that the ship is beautiful and absolutely spotless both on the inside and on the outside. The cabins are spacious and clean. Nothing to complain about here.

The food in the buffet is nothing that you would write home about but it is at least of a decent standard. The buffet is however badly overcrowded and you will sometimes struggle with finding a table. After a couple of days we found out that you could eat both breakfast and lunch in the main dining restaurants with table service. This was a much nicer and quieter experience that we certainly would recommend. The food in the main dining More restaurants during the evenings is ok but not more. Also the portions are quite small so do not except to get full on just one or two dishes.

The service throughout the ship varies a lot depending on type of service and crew member. Generally the service at the bars where quite slow and some of the bartenders would sometimes just ignore you. The waiters in the dining areas where generally quick and efficient although perhaps not overfriendly. However I think this was mainly due the high workload. We are a bit disappointed with the housekeeping. Perhaps we are biased by our last cruise with MSC where the housekeeping was something out of this world. This time all they did was making up our bed and changing our towels. However the other couple we were travelling with had I much higher level of housekeeping, so it obviously depends on the person doing the housekeeping.

The itineraries where great with Istanbul and Dubrovnik being the absolute highlights. We only did one excursion with MCS as they were quite expensive and we felt that we could do the same thing by our self. We are however satisfied with the excursion we took (to Olympia) with MSC. Both the guide and the transfer were good.

The entertainment in the main theater was good although it was pretty much the same each night, but with a different theme. One or two shows are enough I think. We did not listen or take part in any other entertainment activities so I cannot say anything about that.

Although there are many nationalities cruising with this ship, by far the most dominate nationality on the ship is Italian. This means, good or bad, that the atmosphere will be noisy to say the least. As a Northern European I am not use to this and personally I find it quite annoying when I can’t even hear myself think. There are quieter places on board but expect the pool areas and some of the bars to be really noisy.

The embarkation procedure was long, confusing and inefficient but not as terrible as previous reviews hints about. The disembarkation procedure however was really, really smooth. After reading a couple of other reviews we were a bit worried about missing our flight home. We ended up waiting at the airport for more than three hours. 

Judging from the above one might think that our cruising experience was a bad one. This is not true and we generally liked it. I think MSC offers a good but not great cruising experience for a really great price. If you like an even better service you will simply and as always have to pay more. Less

Read more MSC Preziosa cruise reviews >>