“Totally Brilliant.”
Cruise review of Thomson Cruises Island Escape

Bleaksnatcher Island Escape 5 Totally Brilliant.
Bleaksnatcher
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Just returned from a superb week on board the Island Escape and went straight back to Thompsons shop and got next years catalogue with the view of booking on another cruise.

Our cabin was very comfortable (we were on deck 8 port side near the front) and was attended by our steward three times a day the ship is in need of a refit as it is showing its age internally and externally now but the maintenance crews do work hard to keep it looking as good as they can. and generally the crew work very hard to keep all areas spotless and clean

We did not get any noise issues and were off to sleep as soon as we were in bed!

The food was good and was not restricted during the day there were three main meal slots i.e. breakfast (full English, Continental, fruit juices, Cereals) you just take your pick mix and match or even try the lot!

Lunch and Dinner is normally on menu but again have what and as much as you like. and there is also an afternoon tea slot where various scones cakes etc are available. I found the inclsive drink package to be enough as the Larger was o.k. the bitter was Boddingtons and wines (including Tio Pepe Sherry and Port) were superb We even tried out the inclusive cocktails and they were also very good.

The excursions are quite good however we were disappointed with the Collosium at Rome trip as the Rome guide was ill and a replacement did not arrive until after lunch and then we were rushed around at breakneck pace I had blisters at the end of it! and we seemed to have no time inside to take a good look around as we just went in and straight out without going up any levels etc. then we were marched at top speed again (loosing half of the group for a while) around ancient Rome before returning to the coach only to find it had broken down and we had to wait out in the heat standing up for at least an hour before it was fixed this made us late for the ship at port however as it was an official Thompson excursion they waited for us giving rise to the issue if it was not they may have left us there!!!

But enough of that there will always be I suppose some problems and the rest of the holiday was absolutely superb and as soon as I have written this I will be checking the new catalogue out for next year.

Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

8512
clean and comfortable stewards worked hard on every cabin as informed by other passengers.some things i.e. en suit was very dated an sink was a tangerine/red colour bearing a number of chips etc.t.v. did not work at first but was repaired when reported.I will say that I was glad that We upgraded to a cabin with a outside window as the inner ones did look dark inside.
Published 08/05/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Island Escape Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?